Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. im selling my 99...and im going to buy an 02 or 03 Z06. i want to put longtubes on it, but i dont know what kind to buy. keep in mind im on a tight budget. what are the cheapest longtubes i can buy that are still good headers?

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts

·
9,389 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha yeah yeah i know....but i was hoping there was a descent set of headers out there in the $600 range....im probably dreaming though

·
9,389 Posts
haha yeah yeah i know....but i was hoping there was a descent set of headers out there in the $600 range....im probably dreaming though

you can find headers only out there in that price range, but you won'y get the "whole" system like you do with the LG's. Look around, there are some good systems out there...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Be sure to get Stainless Steel headers. The cheaper mild steel headers will cost you in the long run.

$1000 is a good price for a quality set of headers. Don't forget the installation and tune. You will not see the maximum power increase without a tune.

:cheers:

·
Registered
120 Posts
No sense IMO to do longtubes without hi-flo's , xpipe, tune etc... Save until you can do a good setup. You'll wind up much happier with the end result.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had installed on my 02 Z06 LG street series LT's, x-pipe, and no cats (have them in box if I decide to put them later). The total was around $1200 with tax. Installed for about $500. Well worth it. Your comment about something cheap and great in quality never happens unless you can find one used. Especially for a Z06, everything is more expensive. Best money ever spent though...sure others would agree. Get a Z06 and you will be in a league of your own. Good luck.

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i like those SLP's alot.....i will definately be running with no cats.....and im gonna have my buddies at my local exhaust shop custom make the exhaust...hopefully 3 inch pipe with flowmaster hushpower mufflers.....and some nice quad tips....then ill prolly send it off somewhere to get tuned. where is the best place for a tune around the indiana area?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts