Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me what switch controls the interior lights when you open the doors? and also where it is located?

·
Registered
197 Posts
The switches that turn on/off the interior lights are pin switches located in your door wells. Look near the door hinges in that part of the door well you will see a little metal piece that can be pushed inward (they are springloaded).
Your dashlight dimmer switch can be rotated past max and you will hear/feel a click and that will keep the dome lights on also.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. where can i get one? or does anyone have one for sale? i also would like to know if anyone has a wiring diagram so i can find out what color are the wires?`

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
i also would like to know if anyone has a wiring diagram so i can find out what color are the wires?`
Here ya go, from the '84 manual:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks a lot!. i am trying to located the main light switch in the diagram. do you know where in the car this would be located?

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
thanks a lot!. i am trying to located the main light switch in the diagram. do you know where in the car this would be located?
That's the one in the left corner of the dash that you pull out to turn the headlights on. If you turn it fully rather than pull it out, you can turn the interior lights on.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks now i just to figure out why my passenger light above the feet dont work

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats what i think till i found out that both door jamb light switches were never connected because they were broken. how can i test if they work with out having to buy new ones?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts