1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
A 91-year-old freshman lawmaker who suggested the mentally disabled should be shipped to Siberia resigned Monday from the state House and said he was sorry that his "big mouth caused this furor." He said he was kidding around with a female caller who supported funding for the homeless when he raised the issue of eugenics and the world's population growth. Harty, a Republican from Barrington, said he didn't know what to do with mentally disturbed people and suggested renting a spot off Russia. He said the woman called him an Adolf Hitler and hung up.

"I regret very much how my actions affected my family, staff and constituents," the former lawmaker wrote. "I make no excuses for my behavior. It was wrong."[

-Otis Redding posthumously received a gold record for his single, "(Sittin' on) The Dock of the Bay". (Not a big hit in Japan right now.)

-In 1993: Janet Reno was unanimously confirmed by the U.S. Senate to become the first female attorney general. (It took longer to confirm her gender than to confirm her law license.) (Now that is funny, I don't care who you are...)

Or is VFP going to say these are all more isolated incidents all the while claiming that a single Dem indiscretion is 'systematic?'

:huh:
VFP Piss in your oatmeal? :laughing:

At least they were smart enough to resign... :lookinup:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
No... the difference between me and you... is that I do not deny that there are people in the world that are less caring then others. Regardless of their ideology.

I will state this, though. More often then not, a God fearing republican with quiet espousal's of family values, will be more charitable then the vast majority of those on the left... complaining about the right's "meanies".

·
Banned
14,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At least they were smart enough to resign... :lookinup:
But Gingrich wasn't.
Romney wasn't.
Vitter wasn't.
Gov of SC wasn't.
Dick Armey wasn't.

To be fair:
Clinton wasn't.
Edwards wasn't.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
But Gingrich wasn't.
Romney wasn't.
Vitter wasn't.
Gov of SC wasn't.
Dick Armey wasn't.

To be fair:
Clinton wasn't.
Edwards wasn't.
That's fair? :laughing:

How about Teddy "Killer" Kennedy? Or JFK? Or Barney Frank after his homosexual prostitution ring was busted?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts