Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 75 has Oxblood red interior. I want to touch up a few of the interior pieces but the SEM colors don't list that.
What's their best color match?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
First, buy a ox. Position the ox as much IN the cabin of the Corvette as you can...maybe just the head and neck???...then slaughter said ox. Bingo. LOL.

Seriously, not sure if these codes help, but for 1975, the code for OXB Leather was 732 and OXB Vinyl was 73V.

My suggestion, aside from slaughtering your own ox, would be to call SEM paints, and tell them you need to cross reference GM's paint code for your OXB interior, with their paints, for the best match.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya about the ox. It's a thought. I do have 5 acres to raise one but not sure about having enough for it to graze on. I couldn't afford to buy the food. It would be easier to change the interior color to charcoal and buy some kingsford briquettes to recolor when needed :laughing:

Thanks for the color codes ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called SEM. It was tool free so why not.
And incease anyone else needs it, for 73-75, the SEM # for Oxblood is 4849.

I wonder how much to buy now. They mix it up as needed. A quart is $50 plus all the other prep stuff needed

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I called SEM. It was tool free so why not.
And incease anyone else needs it, for 73-75, the SEM # for Oxblood is 4849.

I wonder how much to buy now. They mix it up as needed. A quart is $50 plus all the other prep stuff needed
I re-painted my whole interior on my '74 coupe (dash pads (not the top though), door panels center console and all the trim around the back window and windshield) with a quart and has some to spare, if that helps,

BTW make sure to use the prep

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Walley, just what I was looking for. I plan to do everything except the pillars and e-brake cover as those are new.
Wasn't going to skimp on the prep. that would be silly :crazy:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
...I re-painted my whole interior ...with a quart and has some to spare...
Ditto. A quart will be plenty and leave a little for future use. Everything to be dyed must be super, squeaky clean. Most of your prep time will be cleaning.

To ensure you get a good color match, you may want to consider putting a coat of dye on your new parts.

:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts