Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 79 with TH350 and 3.55 gears, 255-60-15 tires. I am changing the gears to 4.11, can anyone tell me what speedo gears it came with and if I can reuse either the drive or driven gear? I have found several speedo gear calculators, but I want to know what tooth count the originals have.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Wish I could help with the speedo gears question. mine were never changed when the gears were. I have 4.11s currently and sure would like some 3.55s ;) Were your 3.55s OK if so I sure would be interested in them. :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friend wants to hold onto the 3.55 gears in case he doesn't like the 4.11's.
I'm hoping to find out what the speedo gears are so when the time comes to change out the rear end, I will have those ready to put in also.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I understand. If he is just using the car for a weekend toy no long drives they are a blast. I am currently a hair away from a divorce and my vette is going to become my primary transportation.

Someone here will probably help ya on the speedo gear selection. Have you did any searches in the C3 forums I would be willing to bet the answer is in there somewhere. Good luck in your search. :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts