Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be best for me? My 1991 Vette is gonna be my daily driver(Most Important)... In Upgrades I got Long Tube Headers, SS Borla System, 1.6 RR,, and a fresh rebuild. What would be good for weekends but good on my MPG's?

·
Registered
724 Posts
I run a TCI saturday night special 2500 stall. That is really all you need for a mildly built C4. Ours use a nonlock up type converter.

·
Registered
441 Posts
What would be best for me? My 1991 Vette is gonna be my daily driver(Most Important)... In Upgrades I got Long Tube Headers, SS Borla System, 1.6 RR,, and a fresh rebuild. What would be good for weekends but good on my MPG's?
www.edgeracingconverters.com super high quality, and "custom" built for your exact application.....their "STREET EDGE SERIES" in the range of a 2500-3000 stall with a 2.45 STR rating would be a real good choice for your car.....converters are really one of those things where you pretty much get what you pay for (not only in performance but drivability as well)......point being: don't skimp.......this is "especially" true for a daily driven street car where effeciency and transmission temps are super important.....a properly built converter like mentioned will drive pretty much like stock at "light" throttle loads(like from a stoplight), and act like an animal when you really step on it(best of both worlds)....Joe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Yank or Pro Torque. Go to their sites as they are both excellent units.

If you want to spend more go to Continental.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Put a factory 87 GM torque converter in. Thats what LPE uses in there L98's, unless they have serious power. Its about 2200-2400 rpm. Your L98 will really like it.
Then again, to get a lower amount of weight on the back of that engine and free up some power and put a Vigilante 9.5 inch converter at 2500rpm. It is a higher stall and lighter by a considerable weight, which frees up some ponies.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK yesterday I picked up a 2025 Converter for $75.00... any good? And they are gonna do a rebuild on my 700R4 for $400 and $150 to take and put back on. Whats you all opinion

·
Registered
441 Posts
OK yesterday I picked up a 2025 Converter for $75.00... any good? And they are gonna do a rebuild on my 700R4 for $400 and $150 to take and put back on. Whats you all opinion
Depends on what your wanting to do.........(for the mentioned prices)The rebuild on the trans will most likely just be with some regularly serviced stock replacement parts.......and to be honest, you really get what you pay for when it concerns a performance stall converter....the 2025 converter , while it does have a slightly higher stall, it dosn't have the increased STR(torque multiplication) that a good aftermarket performance converter would have, which is where a large part of the gains come from........Neither of these areas are places to skimp "if" performance is your goal......but like I said, it's all what your wanting to do with the car...........Joe:thumbsup:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well for the rebuild they are gonna put the blue Clutches that are HD and plus fix whatever is wrong with it because the Park didn't work. And that pice is with everything included. And a Trans Go Shift Kit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts