Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'll go with option #2 if the paint is bright yellow, but without seeing the car and wheels together it's tough. I usually prefer the chrome with darker main colors and the reverse, darker rims with brighter main colors.

I've used Photoshop (Gimp, Paint.NET, etc) to mock-up wheels on my cars. Some of the higher-end online rim places have this feature, but they usually stick with newer cars. If you have a profile picture of a car similar to yours and can find a profile pic of the rim.

Post a link to a car like yours and the wheel rim part # and I (or someone else) will mock it up for you.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I gave it a quick 5 minute go. The image of the rims were a bit large so when I resized them smaller, they lost some of their quality. If Google images had a higher res 79 yellow vette, it would have been better. Anywhoooooo..... :huh:

If you can find better images of the rims that are more straight on, that might be better as well. Do you know the product name/number for the rims?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the chrome looks really sharp... I may wind up going with torque thrust or something. I kinda liked the matte look at first, I was worried about yellow + chrome being too bright, but I think it looks pretty sharp.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Initial choice is the dull center, but thinking about it some more.....

early 90s ford did one year of mustangs in bright yellow with white convertible tops and chrome wheels. A neighbor had one, and it was freakin beautiful in bright sun.

Don't think you'd go wrong either way

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
It's your car, buy what you like. You won't get a consensus. Five will post and vote for #1; five more will post and vote for #2.

:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts