Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WhileI'matit's/Tele-Tilt column repair

Ah crap. Stupid steering control valve. Since Pattie is sending me a warranty replacement, I took apart the steering box to get that over with. While I have that out, I checked the turn signals, and they don't cancel right turn. :WTF Now I know the column has felt loose awhile, so I am tearing that apart now. :crazy: What a nightmare. Bad for me, good for Doc Rebuild.:thud: Somebody stop me.:laughing:

·
Registered
658 Posts
YOU LIKE MOST OF US JUST DON'T KNOW OR WANT TO QUIT.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does the idler arm feel? What about the ball joints?

Does the dif feel tight? How about the u-joints>

:D :laughing:
Been there, done those. I even rebuilt both window regulators. Haven't touched the spare yet. Still has Detroit air. Never been on the ground.:laughing:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I can help you Jeff,as you know i have been suffering from this disease for some time now,but there is hope.

Ok take a deep breath

hold it

hold it

hold it

hold it

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: just mess'n with you man your screwed :rolling: :rolling: nothing will help except put the car back together quick.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I'll wager the springs are broken for the cancel cam. While you're in there, dig all the way down to the tilt bowl, locktite the 4 screws so you don't have to do this again in 6 months.

:cheers:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll wager the springs are broken for the cancel cam. While you're in there, dig all the way down to the tilt bowl, locktite the 4 screws so you don't have to do this again in 6 months.

:cheers:
Well, that's part of the mystery. I changed the switch and cancel cam years ago. Never did cancel correctly in right turns.

Now, this time in, the shaft popped out, and won't go back in.:WTF

So far, I broke the plastic cover for the lock plate c-clip, and a piece broke off the key buzzer switch. Doc has both. Will pull the column out and finish dissassembly tomarrow. I am going down to those wonderfull 4 screws, and checking the tilt pawls.:thud:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
BTDT 12 years ago.....quit your bitchin'....get 2 work....

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Even Jim Shea had to admit some time ago that it was a sheer miracle how they got 12 lbs of **** in a 2 lbs bag on that one....

and a bowl of soup too.....

:WTF :cheers: :devil:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,821 Posts
While I' ma tit's Maybe this should be in the babe section :laughing:

While you are redoing the steering column, you might consider upgrading the interior too :laughing:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
While I' ma tit's Maybe this should be in the babe section :laughing:

While you are redoing the steering column, you might consider upgrading the interior too :laughing:
That's already done too. I just have one electric door lock switch that died. I already replaced one of them. Forget which one.:laughing:

The hardest part of that job was fitting a new dash.:crazy:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just curious, while in the steering column, let me know what caused the turn signal from canceling. I've got mine apart and haven't put it back together yet. Also tell me if you have 1 or 2 plastic bushings. It seems that mine has 1 but the book shows 2.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just curious, while in the steering column, let me know what caused the turn signal from canceling. I've got mine apart and haven't put it back together yet. Also tell me if you have 1 or 2 plastic bushings. It seems that mine has 1 but the book shows 2.

Which plastic bushings? The ones on the telescoping shaft?

·
Supporting Vendor
3,785 Posts
The box kit should be at your door today. The plug is between CT and CA:crazy:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts