Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I live in Las Vegas and i am noticing a lot of white c6's now and the last i heard they werent being offered in white...is that an '08 change or is everyone just getting a paint job?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Only if its a Z06:

[/IMG]

·
Registered
508 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, you can only get a "White" Vette, if you buy the new Ron Fellows Z06. That is getting it from GM, you can always have it re-painted after you get it.....

Dave

·
Registered
822 Posts
I pretty positive that you can get a factory white c6, the only z06 that was available in white was the ron fellows, but you can get a regular c6 in white no problem.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I pretty positive that you can get a factory white c6, the only z06 that was available in white was the ron fellows, but you can get a regular c6 in white no problem.
You are correct....I did not type was I trying to actually say. You can get the coupe or vert in "Arctic White". However, you can only get a "White" Z06 from GM, if you buy the RFE....

Thanks, for clarifying!!!!

Dave :cheers:

·
Registered
565 Posts
White was the original color, but I just don't care for it. Looked over a guy's RFE--I believe they are all sold now--349 made or something like that, and thought it was nice, but not my taste. :cheers:

·
Registered
386 Posts
White is an ordinary color for the C6 coupe and convertible. It is also among the least popular. Only about 5% of C6 coupes and convertibles are manufactured in white (officially called Arctic White).

As stated in another post above, white was not available on the C6 Z06 until the production of the Ron Fellows Z06, which is the only Z06 available in white.

Although I can't be sure, anecdotal evidence suggests that white is most popular for C6s in Florida, the Southwest, and Southern California. You see them more there than you do in other parts of the US.

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
white vettes are nice but dont they get dirtier faster than any other colors?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I used to have white cars in my younger years, and actually thought they hid dirt BETTER than darker colors. The biggest advantage is that you can't notice dust on them.

I would never be 'allowed' to buy a white car anymore, though - my wife has a thing where she just cannot own a white car. That's not a big problem with me, since there are many other colors that I prefer anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
white vettes are nice but dont they get dirtier faster than any other colors?
Completely the opposite. They show far less dirt than any other color.

·
Super Moderator
10,166 Posts
White is not usually a big seller, but because White on red was the orginal Motorama color scheme, white always has been and will likely always be an offered color regardless of the number of purchases.

Yes the Fellows Special Ed is the only white factory Z06.

Lots of discussion about the vette getting a pearl/diamond white, but doesn't seem to be happening.

BTW, it won't trickle down from the XLR at this point. Just checked Cad.com and the XLR is now only available in black, silver, amethist, and a slick blue. Are they TRYING to kill the XLR? Just tell someone they can have a 320HP luxo sports car for $79k in any color they want, as long it's one of four and see how fast they flock to MB and Lexus.

Hope the Vette team has some contingent plans for assuming the XLR production area at BG.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Thought I would put in my two cents..... I am on my third Corvette and my 05 is Victory Red, the others have been white. I do love the white and it was a very diificult decision to go with such a "LOOK AT ME" color this time. Part of my decision to go with red was for resale value. I had hardly any calls about either of my white Vettes when they were for sale. They would call and say "If it was any other color red, silver, black ect". It took a while to sell them and my 2000 I had to take a hit on just to get it sold.

I do know in our car club, there are only about 3 cars in white out of around 50 cars. So.... if you are looking for a color to stand out, white might be an excellent choice. In my experience, they really need chrome wheels, tinted windows, and above all to be spotless at all times (which mine always were!)
;)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I think white is the second best color on the C6. All personal taste though.

Black by far is the hardest to keep clean and white is generally the easiest.

·
Super Moderator
10,166 Posts

In sunny dry climes, in my experience, Silver and Pewter look better longer between washings than everything except maybe beige or tan. With any of these four, if you keep your windows clean, you could just dust for a couple of weeks - if so inclined.

·
Registered
948 Posts

EXACTLY!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Wouldn't yellow be pretty good with dust? Yellow and light brown are close in color.

But then again, if you're buying a car color on the basis of it looking the best while dirty, you're mind is a little twisted.:lookinup:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts