Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this in an e-mail. My only question is.....will this car really run a quarter mile in the 6's? That seems impossible to me.

Recession? What recession?
So, it seems that this "global recession" has not impacted negatively on everyone. Check this out!

It's a Mercedes Benz owned by an Abu Dhabi oil billionaire (naturally).

Featuring the newly developed V10 quad turbo
with 1,600 horsepower and 2800nm of torque
0-100km/h in less than 2secs, 1/4 mile in 6.89 secs
running on biofuel.

That is NOT stainless steel, people, it is WHITE GOLD!
I'm sure you'll sleep better tonight, knowing that the
exorbitant dollars you're paying for gas these days are
at least going to a good cause...

·
Registered
597 Posts
i find that extremely hard to believe too. i doubt that it can get all that power down. MAYBE if they were able to get it all down then it could run a 6. but even then i have no idea.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i find that extremely hard to believe too. i doubt that it can get all that power down. MAYBE if they were able to get it all down then it could run a 6. but even then i have no idea.
That's what I was thinking. Even with 1600 hp, you have to transfer that to the ground without too much slippage to get to the end of the track in 6 sec.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hell, a top fuel dragster run the 1/4 mile in around 4.5 sec.(@ over 300mph) I just can't see this car going that fast. :WTF

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably along the way the story got out of the hands of car guys and into the hands of Human Interest Story guys. Some numbers got typoed and no one knew the difference. I'm thinking they would be doing well to be in the 9's with this car. Maybe 8's if they have gooey tires?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like typical internet BS to me. I doubt it's "white gold", and a V-10 quad turbo 1,600hp? I don't think so.

If you believe that, you probably responded to the Nigerian minister who needs to funnel millions of dollars into the US...................

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like typical internet BS to me. I doubt it's "white gold", and a V-10 quad turbo 1,600hp? I don't think so.

If you believe that, you probably responded to the Nigerian minister who needs to funnel millions of dollars into the US...................
What? You think the money's not coming????

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I got that e-mail months back. From what I recall, it's just a nice SLR with chrome paint.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got that e-mail months back. From what I recall, it's just a nice SLR with chrome paint.
Do those cars have aluminum bodies? There is a BB Cobra that is shown around here a lot. The aluminum body has been polished to a chrome-like finish. I wonder if this could be polished aluminum?

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
Even with 1600 HP at the wheels, and less than 3200 lbs, with a perfect run it could not get in the 6's. I would be more apt to think that was an 1/8 mile time.

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
It's gotta be heavy wouldn't you think? I'm not sure about the 6 sec 1.4 mile time, seems hard to believe.
Na it's prolly electrolyte, my fathers friend has a machine that can lay a thin layer of almost any metal (gold, platinum) onto anything including plastic and wood.

It can be extremely thin and therefore relatively cheap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts