Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/103483959.html

SEATTLE -- King County prosecutors have accused two men of committing a hate crime in the robbery and beating of West Seattle teenager earlier this year.

Ahmed Y. Mohamed, 22, who is black, and Jonathan Neil Baquiring, 21, who is Asian, have each been charged with first-degree robbery and malicious harassment, the state's hate crime statute.

King County Jail records indicate that Baquiring was booked into jail Tuesday evening. Mohamed is at large and officials have issued a warrant for his arrest.

The victim, 16-year-old Shane McClellan, said he was held hostage and beaten for hours and was attacked because he is white.

The incident happened as Shane was walking home from a birthday party at a friend's house Tuesday around 2 a.m. on May 25.

Shane said two men called to him from the top of a staircase near the intersection of 14th Avenue SW and SW Holden Street. The men asked for a light, and when Shane walked over to oblige, they knocked him to the ground and started kicking him.

The two men knocked the frightened teen around on the staircase, making racially charged remarks.

"They started bringing up the past - like slavery - being like, white people did this," Shane said.

The attackers stripped off McClellan's belt and started whipping his back.

"They said, 'This is for what your people did to our people.' They were like whipping me with my belt, my studded belt," Shane recounts.

According to charging documents, Shane told investigators that the men said "the white man has kept us down," during the beating.

One of the men held a gun against the back of his head and burned his neck with cigarettes, Shane said.

At one point they shoved McClellan's face into a hole with the gun against his head. They also urinated on him and poured beer over him.

"What he told me, when they were beating him with the belt, they were saying, 'I don't like white people,'" said Shane's father, Tim McClellan.

Shane recalled, "They're like, 'Aw, white boy, what are you doing? You can't hang out this late. What are you doing around here?' They're like, 'White boy has no belonging - being out here at 2 a.m.'"

"They targeted me for being white, and they made it very clear thats why they were assaulting me," Shane said.

The victim's father said the attack was nothing short of hours of torture.

"Put a gun to the back of his head and told him if he said anything they were going to blow his head off while they sat there and burned him with cigarettes on the back of the neck," he says.

The two assailants held the teen on the ground for some time, and he eventually passed out.

When he regained consciousness, the attackers were gone.

They had taken his money, a coat and an MP3 player.

A police officer found the two suspects a short time later, and they had dried blood on their bodies and a pack of cigarettes that matched the type found near the scene where Shane was attacked.

According to court documents, the dried blood samples taken from Mohamed and Baquiring matched Shane's blood.

Officials said Mohamed has prior conviction for carrying concealed weapon, and Baquiring has no known criminal history.

Prosecutors said they would ask that both be held on $500,000 bail.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
They should be charged with a Hate Crime; along with all the other Black and Asian kids who beat White kids because of Slavery. :whip:

As a matter of fact … they should build separate prisons to house these Racist Criminals. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Wow.Everyones ancestors has done something bad to someone.:WTFThe funny thing is that most slaves were sold into slavery by other black tribes.A lot of white people fought and died to end slavery.You just can't fix stupid!:crazy:These two must have skipped history class.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
What was a 16 year old kid doing walking around at 2 AM? And why did he have a cigarette lighter? Where were his parents???

·
I have an Acer now.
4,591 Posts
Well I guess this is gonna piss off a lot of while people and then there may be some more news stories about whites beating up blacks because of the backs who beat up the whites because of previous oppression and this can escalate into a a series of race riots like the ones in the 60's and the 90's that will have been caused by nothing and lead to nothing and nobody will get anything out of except for the news company who will have a lot of compelling programing and valuable advertising space.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
What was a 16 year old kid doing walking around at 2 AM? And why did he have a cigarette lighter? Where were his parents???
Come-on ... you're injecting adult thinking and logic into the post ... sorry but it's not wanted. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Wow.Everyones ancestors has done something bad to someone.:WTFThe funny thing is that most slaves were sold into slavery by other black tribes.A lot of white people fought and died to end slavery.You just can't fix stupid!:crazy:These two must have skipped history class.
If you’re going to teach history, you may need to extend class a few more hours, because we’ll need to cover at least four Centuries. That should narrow your scope to the group who practiced and profited from slavery the most. Then we can save the “they did it also” and “we fought against it also” part for the final chapter, if anyone is still interested after studying the raw facts.

Happy Studying ... :cheers:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
My opinion works both ways. There are plenty of laws punishing the actions of these thugs without injecting race into it. There should be no classification of "hate crimes" IMO.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
:thumbsup:

There should be no classification of "hate crimes" IMO.
That's because your a racist... :laughing:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
My opinion works both ways. There are plenty of laws punishing the actions of these thugs without injecting race into it. There should be no classification of "hate crimes" IMO.
:agree: I agree … we should just put Racist in the same Cells with the People they have a problem with!

The hell with the Internet and Group Thug thing … if you’re such a Bad Ass … show it! :D

That will resolve a lot of issues. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
:agree: I agree … we should just put Racist in the same Cells with the People they have a problem with!

The hell with the Internet and Group Thug thing … if you’re such a Bad Ass … show it! :D

That will resolve a lot of issues. :thumbsup:
This won't work. Sooner or later, Dune would get locked up with the right-wing women he hates so much. My money would be on the women. :laughing:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
If you’re going to teach history, you may need to extend class a few more hours, because we’ll need to cover at least four Centuries. That should narrow your scope to the group who practiced and profited from slavery the most. Then we can save the “they did it also” and “we fought against it also” part for the final chapter, if anyone is still interested after studying the raw facts.

Happy Studying ... :cheers:
You're being selective in your thinking again.
Slavery is as old as civilization. You want to go back only 400 years? Why? Why not go back to the Jews and Egypt? Muslims and Christians, English and Scots, Romans and everyone else...

As far as 'the group that practiced and profited from it the most'... that would probably be Egypt.

Me, being of Scot descent, would vote for the 1000 years of English domination, plunder, pillage, and genocide that the English perpetrated on them.

Your fail is that you blame the whites as 'the group that practiced and profited from slavery the most', however it was whites, mostly Republicans btw, that initialted, fought, and spilled a lot of their own blood to end that practice.

What you are espousing is 'Black Liberation Theology'. There are many today that are using it's concepts to further their agenda, and in doing so are keeping racism alive, simply because it suits them.

Is there still racism? Yes. Will there always be racism? Yes. It's part of human nature. It sucks but that's the truth. That doesn't mean all whites or all blacks or all Jews or all Muslims or all English or all Romans are racist. It means that SOME of the human race is, and each of us has some portion of it within each of us. It's the way we all view the world. We pre-judge every situation we observe as we go through each day, assessing the danger or succes for each one, and interacting with society is predjudicial in every instance.

Now, go and broaden your scope and realize what in your words 'the group that has practiced and profited from slavery the most' has also done for those very slaves. While your at it, Google Woodrow Wilson, segregation, and southern Democrats. It may broaden your scope.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Actually, there were three groups of profiteers in the Atlantic slave trade. First, the Europeans didn't go into Africa and capture slaves. That dirty work was done by rival tribes. The slaves were marched to the coastal towns and sold (by Africans) to European slave traders. The slave traders profited second when they sold the slaves to farmers. Then the farmers profited from the labor of the slaves. There aren't a lot of clean hands anywhere. Also, only 4.5% of the slaves who left Africa ended up in N. America. Where is the angst a few hundred years later where the other 95.5% went? (S. America, Central America and the Caribbean)

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Actually, there were three groups of profiteers in the Atlantic slave trade. First, the Europeans didn't go into Africa and capture slaves. That dirty work was done by rival tribes. The slaves were marched to the coastal towns and sold (by Africans) to European slave traders. The slave traders profited second when they sold the slaves to farmers. Then the farmers profited from the labor of the slaves. There aren't a lot of clean hands anywhere. Also, only 4.5% of the slaves who left Africa ended up in N. America. Where is the angst a few hundred years later where the other 95.5% went? (S. America, Central America and the Caribbean)
America is the only place with enough stupid people who buy into the slavery reparations game. America was involved in slavery for roughly 80 years, probably the least of any developed nation. Emancipation was the right thing to do, it was just handled wrong, IMO. More white Americans have fought and died for enslaved blacks than any group in the history of the planet.

Mad about slavery? They need to journey to Africa and confront their cousins who herded them down the beach and sold them like cattle. Just think what most of the people who are bitching, would be doing now, had their ancestors not been brought to America in chains, then freed as full rights citizens.

The Chinese are the ones who should be pissed, emancipation didn't help their plight a damn bit.

All this **** is nothing but white-hate class warfare.. being driven by a left-wing ideology that is dead set on the destruction and reformation of America as something vastly different, and much worse.

·
Registered
677 Posts
There should be no classification of "hate crimes" IMO.
:agree: If I were to punch someone in the face for no reason, then punch someone else and yell "insert racist comment here", then I should be in jail either way with no difference in the definition of the crimes I just committed.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
You're being selective in your thinking again.
Slavery is as old as civilization. You want to go back only 400 years? Why? Why not go back to the Jews and Egypt? Muslims and Christians, English and Scots, Romans and everyone else...

As far as 'the group that practiced and profited from it the most'... that would probably be Egypt.

Me, being of Scot descent, would vote for the 1000 years of English domination, plunder, pillage, and genocide that the English perpetrated on them.

Your fail is that you blame the whites as 'the group that practiced and profited from slavery the most', however it was whites, mostly Republicans btw, that initialted, fought, and spilled a lot of their own blood to end that practice.

What you are espousing is 'Black Liberation Theology'. There are many today that are using it's concepts to further their agenda, and in doing so are keeping racism alive, simply because it suits them.

Is there still racism? Yes. Will there always be racism? Yes. It's part of human nature. It sucks but that's the truth. That doesn't mean all whites or all blacks or all Jews or all Muslims or all English or all Romans are racist. It means that SOME of the human race is, and each of us has some portion of it within each of us. It's the way we all view the world. We pre-judge every situation we observe as we go through each day, assessing the danger or succes for each one, and interacting with society is predjudicial in every instance.

Now, go and broaden your scope and realize what in your words 'the group that has practiced and profited from slavery the most' has also done for those very slaves. While your at it, Google Woodrow Wilson, segregation, and southern Democrats. It may broaden your scope.
Focus Grasshopper ... We're talking about Slavery in America. :rolleyes: Just a little different than plain old cowardly Racisim. ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
I think for the most part that Racism is passed down from generation to generation and not brought on from history books. There are also a lot of people who have acquired it from ongoing situations and so on.Still it will never be a fair way to view people.

The question is,,,,,
Is it a rite to be prejudice?I guess so,,Is it OK?,,not socially,,,
Is it OK to act upon it???NO!
Kinda a no win situation,but crime is crime and should be dealt with the same,hate crime or otherwise.

Is it bad to just stay clear of what we can't or wont accept?
We can't force love and peace on everyone,do we force them together??? After another 100 years in the great melting pot will it even matter??Hmmmm?????LOL!:D:cheers:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I think for the most part that Racism is passed down from generation to generation and not brought on from history books. There are also a lot of people who have acquired it from ongoing situations and so on.Still it will never be a fair way to view people.

The question is,,,,,
Is it a rite to be prejudice?I guess so,,Is it OK?,,not socially,,,
Is it OK to act upon it???NO!
Kinda a no win situation,but crime is crime and should be dealt with the same,hate crime or otherwise.

Is it bad to just stay clear of what we can't or wont accept?
We can't force love and peace on everyone,do we force them together??? After another 100 years in the great melting pot will it even matter??Hmmmm?????LOL!:D:cheers:
:agree:

You get Digital Corvette Rational Thought Prize of the Year … and it’s only September … but I’m guessing you’re safe. ;)

:cheers: :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts