Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just stumbled upon this C6 tonight, and got me thinking, would white wheels look good on my Z. I did some searching and found another white Z with white wheels.

Its not too common, so I would like to hear your thoughts on this look. Thanks.

C6

C5 Z

My current ride. FYI I have nearly the same exact wheels as the C6 does.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,548 Posts
Black car/black wheels look good, White car/white wheels are a little too much white for me besides they'd be a bitch to keep clean. The polished like you have now look great

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am not a white car fan or a white wheel fan, but the two together look pretty damn good.Well, the C6 with the polished lip looks good, the C5 w/o the polish is too much...but I agree, it's going to be horrible to keep clean, Hell a three mile drive to the store makes my polshed wheels look bad....bad enough I am going to go with black soon.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I like the top z, i think the key is the 19/20 inch combo,'with the deepest dish you can fit with the polished lip. Rain would be a killa though.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Color matched wheels, and or calipers to body is trendy, but will be old news soon.

If you are bitchin about brake dust now, pc them white! :D

·
Registered
502 Posts
I agree that the C6 looks hot; however, I think it's a combination of the rims, lowered, red calipers, clear markers in the front and white ones in the rear. I have to agree that it would be a biatch to maintain clean. On the other hand, I think yours looks bad ass just the way it is. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I agree that the C6 looks hot; however, I think it's a combination of the rims, lowered, red calipers, clear markers in the front and white ones in the rear. I have to agree that it would be a biatch to maintain clean. On the other hand, I think yours looks bad ass just the way it is. :thumbsup:
:agree: Very well said :thumbsup:

·
Registered
502 Posts
:agree: Very well said :thumbsup:
I'm glad to see that you share the same sentiment...I guess we have the same good taste! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, I am literally on the fence about this, and it appears you guys are about the same. haha... its pretty much 5 for and 5 say its just fine as is. I should have started a poll.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think your ride looks fine the way it is with those polished wheels. If it is a show car, then go with the white on white theme but it will be a bitch to keep clean. If it's a driver, then keep it the way it is now. Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The white wheels look good:surprised but polished aluminum can't be beat:partyon: as long as it is clean:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think your 'Vette looks great as-is. I like white wheels on the white car, but yeah, if you drive the car at all they are gonna look pretty crummy real quick.

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
First off, your wheels look great as they are, works well with the car.:thumbsup:
They would also look great done the same as the ones on the C6, basically spokes only. If you were to do the whole wheel, that would be too much white as in the C5 pic IMO. :cheers:

P.S. Ceramic pads do wonders for brake dust.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts