Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tach yellow/redline is all faded and is now single light orange line. Also my clock has been replaced with a 72+ version with the white letters while the rest of the gauges are the green 68-71.

I've been thinking about using the refaced one from Corvette Instrument Service for $30 each. But then I found this site http://whitegauges.net/ that offers a vinly overlay over all of my gauges for $50 (custom stock face is more).

Obviously the vinyl is way cheaper than any other option. However I'm concerned about the look. Do they look really cheap or is it very hard to tell? The pictures they have on the site are the size of postage stamps on my monitor so it's hard to judge.

On a slightly different note, does anyone know where to get the correct green paint the 68-71 gauges used? I know they sell the orange needle paint.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I used them on my '76................... turned out awesome !!!

When you get them, it looks like just a couple of sheets of paper and not very impressive at all.............. once you install them, they really look good ! Been on a couple of years and still look great !

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used them when i referb'd my interior, they turned out pretty good :thumbsup: as said they dont look much until you fit them, make sure surfaces are clean, i roughed my paint with 400 grit to get some grip, soak, apply then thumb out any air bubbles, let them dry.

My late 77 has different gauges to the early 77 and 78 so i had to contact them to make sure the pack contained the right ones, they sent over additional ones free of charge.

Great product and great service :thumbsup:

http://www.c3-corvette.co.uk/march09 p1.html

·
Registered
905 Posts
Got them in my 77. I love them. For some reason, I can't post pics but I have some in my photos on this site. Art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts