Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For most media outlets, the people want to take their government back from the black man in office.. they are naive and mostly stupid in that way of thinking.

We want our government back from:

The bankers who control our economy, soak us through taxation, and keep us in a bust or boom economic cycle where they always win and we always lose.

The MegaCorporations who write our laws for their gain. The people who use any avenue available to stomp out small business through regulation and taxation. The people who somehow come up with the idea that government can force individuals to buy products from a private company.

The left-wing extremist who are dead set on killing this country through their open border policies, their incessant attempts at taxing us into third-worldom and their desire to be more worldly. The world should strive to be more American.

The career politicians who work only in their interest, who lie, cheat, steal for a living and are proud of it. The guys who get elected and think it is a lifelong appointment, and who write their salary and benefits package as a complete nose-thumb to the people.

The media who picks and chooses who we should vote for, and attempts to destroy anyone they deem unworthy. The people who refuse to vet out candidates and who sit on stories because they cast a bad light on thier pets, and fabricate stories to try and discredit anyone they don't agree with.

At least for me, that's what it's about. I don't care what color they are.. they don't work for me and they don't represent me.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
For me, the answer is anyone who wants to increase the government's intrusion into our lives. I understand that we need government and that it has roles that are necessary. But our constitution clearly meant for government to have boundaries. I am against extending the boundaries any further, and I would like to shrink them back somewhat.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
For me, the answer is anyone who wants to increase the government's intrusion into our lives. I understand that we need government and that it has roles that are necessary. But our constitution clearly meant for government to have boundaries. I am against extending the boundaries any further, and I would like to shrink them back somewhat.
Which intrusions would you like to " shrink " ?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
The first one would be Healthcare Reform. The second would be to end the Cap and Trade scheme which is nothing more than another way for government to inject itself into everything we do. After that, I would either eliminate the Department of Education or drastically reduce it's role. Education has always been a state and local thing, and I think that works just fine. Washington bureaucrats are not always the best equipped to tell every school district how to do their job.
There are others, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
The first one would be Healthcare Reform. The second would be to end the Cap and Trade scheme which is nothing more than another way for government to inject itself into everything we do. After that, I would either eliminate the Department of Education or drastically reduce it's role. Education has always been a state and local thing, and I think that works just fine. Washington bureaucrats are not always the best equipped to tell every school district how to do their job.
There are others, but you get the idea.
That's quite a wish list...Why do you feel that the Governmet wants to be involved in everything we do?

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Income taxes, Department of Education, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Energy, Environmental Protection Agency.

None of the above offer a level of service that can't be achieved more economically and effectively than what the individual states can do.

Social Security Administration needs reform, including a hands-off policy removing the ability of government to use it as a cookie jar, $1 paid in, .$90 paid out. If they can't administer it for 10%, we don't need it.

Obamacare, because it can't/won't work efficiently or effectively. And it is not constitutional for the US government to mandate a private, for-profit product to people. I would be all for single payer, but this crap is nothing but another ponzi scheme.

That would be a good start...

That's quite a wish list...Why do you feel that the Governmet wants to be involved in everything we do?
Because the government is beholden to special interest, and they aren't our interest.. and because the need to remain relevant.

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Why do you feel that the Government does not want to be involved in everything we do? :huh:

·
Registered
881 Posts
For most media outlets, the people want to take their government back from the black man in office.. they are naive and mostly stupid in that way of thinking.

We want our government back from:

The bankers who control our economy, soak us through taxation, and keep us in a bust or boom economic cycle where they always win and we always lose.

The MegaCorporations who write our laws for their gain. The people who use any avenue available to stomp out small business through regulation and taxation. The people who somehow come up with the idea that government can force individuals to buy products from a private company.

The left-wing extremist who are dead set on killing this country through their open border policies, their incessant attempts at taxing us into third-worldom and their desire to be more worldly. The world should strive to be more American.

The career politicians who work only in their interest, who lie, cheat, steal for a living and are proud of it. The guys who get elected and think it is a lifelong appointment, and who write their salary and benefits package as a complete nose-thumb to the people.

The media who picks and chooses who we should vote for, and attempts to destroy anyone they deem unworthy. The people who refuse to vet out candidates and who sit on stories because they cast a bad light on thier pets, and fabricate stories to try and discredit anyone they don't agree with.

At least for me, that's what it's about. I don't care what color they are.. they don't work for me and they don't represent me.
Wow! I'm going to have to say :agree:! Banks, mega corps, media, career politicians= we get the short end! Term limits on these people for one, put the lobbyist on a bus out of town and make the politicians work for the people for once.

How about that Vettnewb......I'm agreeing with you. See how easy that was.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
:laughing:I agree with you :thumbsup:

Take America back from Corporations before they ruin it,

Close the border,

Cut all Government employee Salaries by 50% don't create anything for the most part and their track record is Shitt !

They cost us too much money and are a Huge Liablilty to Americans

Go away Ass "O's"

Develop a more German like mentality Here

F********** off Everyone else

Cause were better than you and know it :laughing:

Get rid of the Kiss-ass ,flip floppin vote chasing retard politicians, They are ruining the country, Sarah palin included,

Make the bankers work for the people,

Audit their Books and throw all the criminals in prison,

You'd have to build a new prison but atleast we would rid of them

Get rid of the oil corp Exectives who manipulate oil prices in order to attract investers to the stock market and payoff politicians with " Campaign Donations"

Lock out all the traitor corporations in America that are relocating to Mexico to manufacture and escape paying Corporate taxe here

They wish to benefit from those working and those serving and fighting abroad But don't wish to support their country economically here at home, By providing jobs and paying their fair share of taxes here at home,

Lock out the Scum commie Bastards from china that are putting American vets and civilians out of work

Add large tariffs to all their Shitt quality products,

Unionize WalMart, Home Depot, Lowes and other Commie ports that distribute Communist made products and refuse to properly compensate their employees in the interest of
" GREED"

Bomb the F************* out of Iraq, Give them all the finger and then spend a good week leveling and re-arranging Iran

Give'em all the finger and then return home and Celebrate and make it a National Holiday with pay for vetrans and Americans in the Manufacturing industries here at home,

I could go on:nuts:

Bon

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Income taxes, Department of Education, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Energy, Environmental Protection Agency.

None of the above offer a level of service that can't be achieved more economically and effectively than what the individual states can do.

Social Security Administration needs reform, including a hands-off policy removing the ability of government to use it as a cookie jar, $1 paid in, .$90 paid out. If they can't administer it for 10%, we don't need it.

Obamacare, because it can't/won't work efficiently or effectively. And it is not constitutional for the US government to mandate a private, for-profit product to people. I would be all for single payer, but this crap is nothing but another ponzi scheme.

That would be a good start...

Because the government is beholden to special interest, and they aren't our interest.. and because the need to remain relevant.
Most States are broke. Where do we get the money for all the State run programs?

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Why do you feel that the Government does not want to be involved in everything we do? :huh:
:laughing: :huh: Please answer first..

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Most States are broke. Where do we get the money for all the State run programs?
:laughing: They get their financial house in order.. quit spending what they don't have. It's economics 101, you take in $100, you can only spend $100. Balanced budget amendments are the only fix for the problem. Sure, it will be painful int he short term, but the overall economic benefit would justify the pain..

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
:laughing: They get their financial house in order.. quit spending what they don't have. It's economics 101, you take in $100, you can only spend $100. Balanced budget amendments are the only fix for the problem. Sure, it will be painful int he short term, but the overall economic benefit would justify the pain..
:laughing: Brillant..That was easy..I wish I could vote for you.:cheers:

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How about that Vettnewb......I'm agreeing with you. See how easy that was.
:laughing: Sure it is easy. The oligarchs have designed a way to keep us fighting over bs, while they rape and pillage us behind the scenes. But, once we really look at the problems on a basic level, we are much more in agreement as to who is at fault.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Repeal some of this crap:

From an email:

Sales Tax
School Tax
Liquor Tax
Luxury Tax
Excise Taxes
Property Tax
Cigarette Tax
Medicare Tax
Inventory Tax
Real Estate Tax
Well Permit Tax
Fuel Permit Tax
Inheritance Tax
Road Usage Tax
CDL license Tax
Dog License Tax
State Income Tax
Food License Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Gross Receipts Tax
Social Security Tax
Service Charge Tax
Fishing License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Building Permit Tax
IRS Interest Charges
Hunting License Tax
Marriage License Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Personal Property Tax
Accounts Receivable Tax
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Workers Compensation Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Telephone Usage Charge Tax
Telephone Federal Excise Tax
Telephone State and Local Tax
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon) Utility Taxes Vehicle License Registration Tax Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax

Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I guess the same place the Feds expect them to get it to pay for all of the Federal unfunded mandates.

As for your question about why the government wants to intrude on our lives? Control. The left thinks that people are so stupid and inept that they cannot possibly run their lives. But since the left is so brilliant, it can come to the rescue and organize and regulate their lives for them so they won't end up in misery. And in return for this gift of organization, a grateful country will then continually reelect the leftists.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I guess the same place the Feds expect them to get it to pay for all of the Federal unfunded mandates.

As for your question about why the government wants to intrude on our lives? Control. The left thinks that people are so stupid and inept that they cannot possibly run their lives. But since the left is so brilliant, it can come to the rescue and organize and regulate their lives for them so they won't end up in misery. And in return for this gift of organization, a grateful country will then continually reelect the leftists.
Is the Federal Gov't run only by the Left ?? So, the Left wants to control all the "stupid" people in the US ?

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Is the Federal Gov't run only by the Left ?? So, the Left wants to control all the "stupid" people in the US ?
Even though the two political parties have been the same in their big spending ways, there is a difference in the left and right. The left has a shopping list of federal intervention programs that it has been dying to implement for 50 years, but the center-right country was not ready for them politically. Number one on that list was Nationalized single payer healthcare. Even now the country wasn't ready, so they morphed it into Obamacare in order to get something implemented during the short window of opportunity they had. Obamacare on top of Cap and Trade, Banking "reform", and the desire on the part of the left for a Value Added Tax totals up to a huge new involvement in our lives by the federal government. The right opposes this kind of intervention. Is the right perfect? No. Their mistakes may cost us money, but they don't generally take away our liberty.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Even though the two political parties have been the same in their big spending ways, there is a difference in the left and right. The left has a shopping list of federal intervention programs that it has been dying to implement for 50 years, but the center-right country was not ready for them politically. Number one on that list was Nationalized single payer healthcare. Even now the country wasn't ready, so they morphed it into Obamacare in order to get something implemented during the short window of opportunity they had. Obamacare on top of Cap and Trade, Banking "reform", and the desire on the part of the left for a Value Added Tax totals up to a huge new involvement in our lives by the federal government. The right opposes this kind of intervention. Is the right perfect? No. Their mistakes may cost us money, but they don't generally take away our liberty.
After today , we will see what gets " changed ". The " right " will have a chance to move us all forward..I expect big things to happen..:D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts