Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a suggestion from Olddog I'm looking for anyone who has had a tune by Jeremy Formato.

I'd like to know what mods you had prior to the tune, or was it on a stock car.

What was the baseline and the end result?

Overall opinion of the throttle response before and after.

Last overall opinion of Jeremy's work and was it worth it.

I'm 99% sure I'll be having Jeremy tune my Vette the end of June, but would like to hear others opinions.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I started stock with just a K&N Aircharger. I dynoed 331rwhp. 342rwtq.

Jeremy did a rough tune and I picked up about 6-7hp.

Jeremy then installed the ported intake and TB and final tuning done. The end result was 351rwhp and about 362rwtq.

The big improvement was in SOTP. The car feels and acts like it should now.

Throttle response is much better. Jeremy can customize the shift points for you. I had him leave mine at near stock when I am just driving around town but they stiffen up when I get on it.

He does great work. He takes great care with your car and explains everything to you as he goes.

I recommend him 100%.

·
Banned
216 Posts
I WOULD NEVER LET ANYBODY ELSE PLAY WITH MY VCM.
** I HAVE THE MOST ADVANCED Z06 HE HAS TUNED, AND IN THE PROCESS OF BUILDING A LS7X WARHAWK WITH NO2.
*** HE IS THE BEST !!!!
*** NEVER USE VETTE DOCTORS!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Jeremy tuned my 05Z51 cammed coupe and my 06Z. Both cars ran great and I would recommend him to anybody. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Jeremy who??

I wouldn't let him tune my drag car and that is simple.

I wouldn't let anyone else tune my Vette and that is not simple. Seriously, his only problem is he strives for perfection which puts him off schedule but the results are worth the wait.

My buddy with the ram air Viper GTS can't believe that a bolt on plastic chevy spanks him any way we run them . . . Also, when LPE ( great guys: GREAT) did my prom on the stroker 92 it was custom done as it had no cats.

Jeremy got me almost .2 seconds off of their prom. Going 11's in a 92 is cool !

·
Registered
6,068 Posts

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
So, you bumped a thread from 2007, to post some links from 2006? :laughing:
LOL...I need to pay closer attention to the post dates...my bad.:thud:

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
:laughing:

Don't worry, someone bumped a thread of mine from 2003 the other day. I'm like... I don't even remember that. :laughing:
:laughing: I bumped one of your three year old tire threads once also...did you ever decide what tires to use on your car???:rolling:

·
Registered
5,119 Posts

Why Jeremy Formato of course - - but watch out as I am told I am his pimp. :surprised

You won't be sorry if he does any GM product you own from 85 up . . . really!

·
Banned
216 Posts
Thats right he is so bad that is why my car runs in the 9's. He has tuned several combinations for me and has helped me tune the other heads cam combos via e mail together. From stock ls7 all the way to a warhawked turbo 400 z06 there is none better, not to mention the nitrous tune ups.

If the Geneus was so smart he would tune himself and read dates! :D

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
If the Geneus was so smart he would tune himself and read dates! :D
I never claimed to be smart...I just sleep at a lot of Holiday Inn Expresses when I can.:laughing:

As for tuning...I'm just lazy...I suspect that if I can work with software that molecular biologists use to find out the genetic mechanism of actions for disease and drug treatment (thus the name...Geneus...gene and us :thumbsup: ) then using EFI Live or HP Tuners should be trivial...though I have to admit, I'm no fan of Excel spreadsheets.:lookinup:

I'm glad Jeremy Formato has done a good job for you...perhaps you have faith in god as well.:smack

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
FWIW - - When you tune Tony Pedregon's crew chief's Vette you can't be all that shabby . . . Damn hard to put one over on Dickie Venables and I would not want to even try.

No matter what you say, who did your car (and there are great tuners out there) he is amongst the best. 'Nuff said.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
FWIW - - When you tune Tony Pedregon's crew chief's Vette you can't be all that shabby . . . Damn hard to put one over on Dickie Venables and I would not want to even try.

No matter what you say, who did your car (and there are great tuners out there) he is amongst the best. 'Nuff said.
Jeremy should go into business with Chuck-CoW...they could hand out business cards that say "Have tune, will travel.":lookinup: :smack

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Jeremy should go into business with Chuck-CoW...they could hand out business cards that say "Have tune, will travel.":lookinup: :smack
do either one of them have any timeslips, video, or any proof of any fast lists where they place against other tuners

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
do either one of them have any timeslips, video, or any proof of any fast lists where they place against other tuners
Oooo...Ooo...let me answer that, teacher...How about NO?:laughing:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.