Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I spoke with a C5 owner at the Pomona swap meet Sunday, he said his Diablesport tune made no noticeable difference other than the fans turned on earlier.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
The Diablo made a couple hundred $$ hole in his wallet . . . which is what most of the hand helds do too.

They, hand helds, have been out long enough for folks to know this stuff but they still sell and I haven't a clue as to how. :crazy:

·
Registered
291 Posts
The Predator make a decent improvement on the LS2 base programming. They change the following:

Disable fuel TC, but leave spark TC.
Add spark advance in the 2100-5000 RPM range.
Increase the Power Enrichment to be more aggressive.
Turn up the Torque Management settings fairly high.

It works pretty well for a cheap tune. It's still pretty conservative for a high performance tune.

With the Predator tune I did feal a bit more spunk in the torque range, but not much more at the top. That tune didn't work very well when I replaced the cam. I ended up putting the stock tune back. I ended up making a hybrid tune that used tuning methods from both stock and Diablo (more stock than Diablo). Then I tweeked the timing and fuel to squeeze the last few ponies out of the LS2.

The Vette runs stronger and sounds more mean now, and I haven't touched the exhaust yet.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.