Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Home;
My old Pevey sp-1's will make my ears ring for day's, 2 amps, powered mixing board and 2 500w subs
car;
I loose... all factory tunes

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
No pics yet, but it ain't gonna be anywhere near what bling's got. DAMN! Nice job! I'm going for a flush mount 12" JL W3v2 In the passenger side storage compartment, JL VR 5.25" midrange and 3/4" tweeters in the doors and JL VR 6.5" Coaxials in the back and I figured maybe that was overkill. Oh how wrong I truly was......... How do you like the Audiobahn stuff? I've never heard much about it. Was going to use it once but there was no dealer in my area at the time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does underconstruction count? I do not know if it is the most bad ass but it will be pretty trick when I am done. Pioneer AVHP 7500 indash dvd/video monitor with sat, nav, and back up camera. Mounted in a custom machined piece of 1" aluminum and reworked factory bezel. MB Quart 8", 4", and tweet in each door in custom aluminum mount. Another custom aluminum and 1" plexi battery mount for stinger battery under hood. The hatch will have two Kicker SX amps and a single or pair of L5 10's in a carbon fiber and aluminum enclosure. I really like aluminum if you can not tell. I do not know how to post pictures here otherwise I would. Can someone tell me how to.

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2565

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EatRice said:
Does underconstruction count? I do not know if it is the most bad ass but it will be pretty trick when I am done. Pioneer AVHP 7500 indash dvd/video monitor with sat, nav, and back up camera. Mounted in a custom machined piece of 1" aluminum and reworked factory bezel. MB Quart 8", 4", and tweet in each door in custom aluminum mount. Another custom aluminum and 1" plexi battery mount for stinger battery under hood. The hatch will have two Kicker SX amps and a single or pair of L5 10's in a carbon fiber and aluminum enclosure. I really like aluminum if you can not tell. I do not know how to post pictures here otherwise I would. Can someone tell me how to.

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2565
Under construction always counts! Heck, 90% of the cars on this site are not quite finished yet.:laughing:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mine sure kicks ass though I bought it that way. Sony CD to 6 speakers and 2 amps and 2 10 inch Pioneer subs. When I crank it the fuel door lifts almost straight up! You can feel it in your lungs...
No luggage space though...

·
Registered
585 Posts
I believe it would be pretty hard to beat the stock systems of the later model Corvettes of today. Remember Bose has done an excellent job of tuning systems to the construction of the Corvette to optimize the sound.

Most should remember when designing systems for your listening pleasure that it's next to impossible to replace your hearing :).

Bill
\\ GS 670

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good thing for me that is not true Bill (professional car audio installer). The C5 factory system leaves alot to be desired for someone that is really interested in sound quality. The only thing hard about it upgrading without removal of the entire system. But you are very correct about the hearing.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Good call on the hearing Bill. That is why I'm stepping down in the size of the system I run. Right now I have nothing installed, but in the summer I had it geared for loud. The only time it sounded good was when it was horribly loud. Low volume was just flat and muffled. I blame that on my biased opinion against silk tweeters. I am just going for something simple this time. Deck powered coaxials in all 4 corners and a small amp and small sub for added pleasure. Simple yet effective. When your ears hurt after 5 minutes of driving, there's too much sound. I also agree with Eatrice about the Bose. It's not that great. Flat sounding. boring. And I never trust it. Too many amps. Too small speakers. Too many variables to go wrong.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I've got my system, just waiting for spring to put it in my '60 convertable. It consists of a pair of poineer 4x6's in the kick panels to replace the factory speakers, XM satelite radio w/FM modulator to keep factory AM/FM, MTX sub amp and a bazooka NOS 8" subwoofer tub (looks like nitrous bottle) and about 30 sq. ft. of dynamat although you probably wont be able to hear much due to the increadible amount of noise the exhaust makes:partyon:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Correction: I have a'69 convertable not '60....gotta love typos!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts