Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here has a Coupe/Convertible with Z06 sway bars and shocks? Me and my dad shoudl be installing them on his '98 Coupe tomorrow (hopefully)! For those of you who have them, is there a big and noticeable change in the ride? Are you happy you upgraded? And finally, how long did it take for the install? TIA

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Patrick96LT4 said:
I haven't heard of anyone who has done this. Please tell us about the results!
Well, we got the sway bars on, not the shocks though, and it rides a whole lot better! It feels as though it responds better. If you have not done it, I recommend thinking about it! My dad and Grand-father will install the shocks this coming week and when I get back from vacation on Friday, I will let all of you know how the shocks turned out.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
STuNnInTeE said:
Well, we got the sway bars on, not the shocks though, and it rides a whole lot better! It feels as though it responds better. If you have not done it, I recommend thinking about it! My dad and Grand-father will install the shocks this coming week and when I get back from vacation on Friday, I will let all of you know how the shocks turned out.
I could see how the swaybars would help. I wonder if you'll see any improvement with da shocks.

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
hello,
i have heard this done a few times with great results.it sounds like you can get a little stifer in the turn without adding the harsh ride.on one z06 forum,there were a couple guys asking about the z51 spring on the z06,they dont like the harsh ride.z06s are cool,but i like the coupe the best,good times,Todd.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,748 Posts
Are you going with stock shocks or aftermarket? Did anything else have to be changed on the sway bar swap, like the bushings? Any part numbers or was it used? After the shocks are on let us know the SOTP feel.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Torch Red 2K said:
Are you going with stock shocks or aftermarket? Did anything else have to be changed on the sway bar swap, like the bushings? Any part numbers or was it used? After the shocks are on let us know the SOTP feel.
Th Shocks are stock Z06. He bought them used from a person that was puttin on aftermarket peices. With the sway bar swap, the bushings came with the sway bars. So anyways, the car handles great! Feels a VERY small amount rougher but thats because of it being a stiffer suspension. But with that aside, i would recommend this modification to anyone! There is a big noticeable change and you'd be pleased if done!

·
Registered
23 Posts
...just Z06 swaybars ('03 Z06) and aluminum endlinks...it is WELL worth the time and money...I have stock base suspension and I like the improvement.
Bill

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd definitely be interested to hear more about the handling once you do this. I just bought my '01 Coupe and I love the power but it somtimes feels like it floats at freeway speeds. I'd also like a tighter feeling around turns...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts