Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started building my new engine!:partyon: I will be replacing my 396 with a 434 inch SB with BMR 248cc 18 degree heads. Just curious who else is running a 18 degree setup?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I started building my new engine!:partyon: I will be replacing my 396 with a 434 inch SB with BMR 248cc 18 degree heads. Just curious who else is running a 18 degree setup?
I don't know if you have the heads yet. I have been looking at Brodix 15 degree 262 cc with the more common 40/60 valve lay out or the 287 ccc 40/60 I have Wisco customs piston in both my 434 and new 415 ci. The late model dirt trackers are all running 434 - 447 ci small blocks with heads like these so the pistons are availiable

At some point you have to just jump into the spread port headers. these heads are made for 2.0 or 2 1/8 headers

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The hood is not stock. I currently have a Dart single plane intake with a Wilson manifolds 2 stage plate between the carb with no clearance issues. Obviously headers will be custom made. I used Kooks in the past but now they are no longer in NY but I will be looking into american racing headers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts