Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for my '81

Looking for a complete carpet set including the kick panels and back of the seats.

Would also like leather seating pre mounted.

For those of you that have been down this road before,
Do you replace the carpet on the door panels or replace the whole door panel?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
This is for my '81

Looking for a complete carpet set including the kick panels and back of the seats.

Would also like leather seating pre mounted.

For those of you that have been down this road before,
Do you replace the carpet on the door panels or replace the whole door panel?

Thanks for your input.
The door panels come with the carpet. Corvette America makes most interiors. I bought mine from Rik's Unlimited. They gave me a good price. Wilcox is good. (I hear).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The door panels come with the carpet. Corvette America makes most interiors. I bought mine from Rik's Unlimited. They gave me a good price. Wilcox is good. (I hear).

My fear was that the carpet came with the door panels. My door panels are in great shape and match the aged dash perfectly. Replacing the door panels will give me matching carper but will likely not match the dash.

Anyone else have a opinion or workaround for this without replacing / painting everything?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
My fear was that the carpet came with the door panels. My door panels are in great shape and match the aged dash perfectly. Replacing the door panels will give me matching carper but will likely not match the dash.

Anyone else have a opinion or workaround for this without replacing / painting everything?
I think it will match closer than you think. I replaced my dash, but the original glove box matched perfect, and required no repaint.
As for the door panels, check the interior window wiper. Mine was shot.

·
DC Crew
12,250 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Definitely agree - Al Knoch! :thumbsup:

I had an ACC set (sold by Corvette America and Eckler's). Initially looked fine, but the thickness and "plushness" seemed thinner than my original. Not to mention the fact that the color was just a shade off. (I have a Silver Pace interior.)

Al Knock was great because they sent me samples to compare. In the end, I decided to returned the ACC set and went with the Al Knoch interior.

In a sentence, thick carpeting that fits! Pay the difference unless that's not a priority. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
To be repetitive,,,,,,,,,Al Knoch.

Even if the product was equal to the cheaper places (which it is much better) the customer service alone would be worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I would like to add, the 81 seat cushions come out of the buckets easily, in one piece. Buy new ones already mounted on new foam,(it will be shot). The new ones just "snap in."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts