Discussion Starter #1
I did a google and could find nothing. Real nice piece's
I ended up with all 4 of them brand new!! :thumbsup:

BOSS ROTORS is all I know. Anyone have these?? I have
the SSBC slotted only..

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
i've heard of a few guys getting the ebay rotors. i am trying them out myself just got a set for like 160 bucks, wasn't a big fan of the cross drilling I preferred just slotted but those were 100 a piece everywhere I looked. I don't intend to do crazy racing on mine just good street performance I think mine will be ok for that.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've heard of a few guys getting the ebay rotors. i am trying them out myself just got a set for like 160 bucks, wasn't a big fan of the cross drilling I preferred just slotted but those were 100 a piece everywhere I looked. I don't intend to do crazy racing on mine just good street performance I think mine will be ok for that.
I was thinkin the same Im not going to SALOM the car. :D

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

For what it's worth, I put the entry level Baer drilled slotted rotors on my C5 a month or so ago. I noticed right away it required less pedal pressure. A couple of weeks ago I was in a downpour, the road was covered with 1/2 in of rain, and had to stop quick. They worked way better than expected.

I'm definitely getting them for the C3 soon, and maybe later get the willwood calipers.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I was going to go with the baer decela rotors, however these look identical to them for 1/4 the price

Truth be told all those off brand and name brand slotted and drilled rotors for our car are all probably the same, probably made over in china or something. i havent heard anything bad about them yet. the biggest issue is if you track the car any cross drilled rotor may pose a problem with cracking.

I will be testing mine and my new willwood calipers soon hopefully

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll post pics with the wheels on. Its gonna look great.
Willwood calipers are next.

Still like to know where these are sold!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For what it's worth, I put the entry level Baer drilled slotted rotors on my C5 a month or so ago. I noticed right away it required less pedal pressure.
These are RATHER thick also. I bet they use less pedal pressure like your saying.

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
...actually I get that brand thru our supplier here in SoCal, they
are special order only (cross drilled & slotted), takes about 4 to
6 weeks to get, I have them on my 92 right now.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Contact TCE here on the forum he is a willwood supplier and so far his prices are the cheepest I have found, he even has a 5% sale going on right now I got my entire kit for less than 300 per wheel.

thats willwood d8s, pads and lines.

give him a call I ordered mine just the other day.

My biggest problem is I am still running stock rims, so you wont be able to see those pretty willwoods and rotors threw the rims

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I was going to go with the baer decela rotors, however these look identical to them for 1/4 the price

Truth be told all those off brand and name brand slotted and drilled rotors for our car are all probably the same, probably made over in china or something. i havent heard anything bad about them yet. the biggest issue is if you track the car any cross drilled rotor may pose a problem with cracking.

I will be testing mine and my new willwood calipers soon hopefully

:thumbsup:

http://www.rjsmith.com/brembo-upgrade.html :nuts:

Don't buy anything made in China

Period:

·
Registered
905 Posts
I have a set of them on my 77. They are nice. I have great brakes and my calipers seem to stay cool, no matter how hard I push them. We were in NW Arkansas two weekends ago and a C6 and a C4 were in front of me in the twisties. I could smell brakes bad!!! Mine were as cool as cucumbers and you couldn'r even touch theirs without burning your fingers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure where these are made. I bought mine from brakeperformance.com - slotted/cross drilled, zinc coated rotors for all 4 corners and a a full set of ceramic pads for 350 bucks. took a few hours to install. They brake fantastically and never get hot.... also brake dust is minimal. super upgrade at a good price

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I have a set of them on my 77. They are nice. I have great brakes and my calipers seem to stay cool, no matter how hard I push them. We were in NW Arkansas two weekends ago and a C6 and a C4 were in front of me in the twisties. I could smell brakes bad!!! Mine were as cool as cucumbers and you couldn'r even touch theirs without burning your fingers.
Yep they were toast brakes on those hills:D

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
....they look great, and I love those rims too....:thumbsup:....I'm running ACDelco ceramic pads front
and rear, no braking problems and next to "nada" on the
brake dust......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't have drilled/Slotted rotors on my 78 but do run Performance Friction carbon Metallic pads which are terrific-quiet, tremendous stopping power, rotor friendly, and little dust. Not a fan at all of ceramic pads which are designed primarily for daily drivers that want a quiet (I have never had an issue on any car with noise from brake pads so not so sure about the quiet issue with ceramics) and low dust. The hidden secret is that ceramics will not brake as well as semi metallics, carbon metalllics, or ferro carbon pads.

I do have drilled/slotted rotors on a 1994 Mustang GT and a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix and these rotors definitely improve performance. Don't believe the nay sayers who say that there is no advantage to these types of rotors on the street-NOT TRUE! Under hard braking there is a definite braking improvement especially as the heat builds up. The rotors run cooler and stay cooler longer! The biggest advantage on the street for drilled/slotted rotors is wet weather braking-unquestionably there is a tremendous improvement on my cars!

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not a fan at all of ceramic pads which are designed primarily for daily drivers that want a quiet (I have never had an issue on any car with noise from brake pads so not so sure about the quiet issue with ceramics)
If im correct, those will eat rotors fast!.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If im correct, those will eat rotors fast!.
Not sure what you are stating here. The Performance Friction pads on my vette and having been used previously on a 2004 Impala and currently on a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix definitely to not eat rotors. On the Grand Prix, the first set lasted 50,000 miles before I changed to the drilled/slotted rotors and when I changed the front rotors the pads still had about 50% life left. The rears on this car lasted 62,000 miles on the OEM rotors. On the 2004 Impala the front and rear rotors and Performance Friction pads were on the car when I sold it at 50,000 miles as well. The current set of EBC pads on the 1994 Mustang with drilled and slotted rotors with EBC pads are still perfect after 8 years but not anywhere the mileage of the other cars. I have no issue with the pads eating rotors BUT my experience with drilled and slotted rotors on various cars as noted above is that these type of rotors do not last as long as OEM type non drilled and slotted rotors. I usually get 25-30,000 miles out of drilled slotted rotors with plain rotors lasting about 40,000 miles until they begin to warp-I can live with that-these figures are on FWD cars which traditionally have thinner rotors than RWD cars.

I just had a pair of Wagner Ceramic pads put on a 2008 Chrysler 300 (company car) with new front rotors at 50,000 miles and they squeal like crazy-very unhappy-going to the required Firestone dealer for the company car maintenance this morning to have that issue rectified. My first experience with Ceramics has NOT been good. Good braking but noisey as hell-so much for "thermo quiet" pads! These ceramics are the first pad in 30 years of driving and owning cars that have squealed!!! Maybe just bad luck and/or shotty workmanship from Firestone-another reason no one ever touches cars that I own!!

Hope that helps!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts