Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i could figure out how to create a poll I would but in the absence of that:

I'm curious to see what percentage of Vettes get more than the car show/Sunday drive treatment.

What percentage of Vettes actually get DRIVEN??? Drag strips, track days, SCCA races...even local street races?

What do you do with your Vette?

·
Registered
690 Posts
3600 miles in less than 1 month on my '07 (and I'm only in the city where I keep the car about 2-3 days a week) and already almost 1500 miles on my '08(bought it last Wednesday)...It's not my daily driver, all those miles are either back roads through the mountains of western NC or miles on the highway getting to or returning from those areas...drove 65 miles tonight for some wings...HAHA, just a good excuse to run the back roads...

A

·
Registered
690 Posts
Oh Patrick...how much **** is there in a C6....Just curious...?

A

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I manage to get in 2 -3 drag runs a year and 3-4 road tracks a year.

The street races are beyond counting....

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
I've put 11,300 miles on my '95 since I bought it at the end of February 2006. I also put 1100 miles on the DC C6 during Bloomington Gold week this year.

I average close to 150 miles/week in mostly pleasure cruising with my wife.

Also, we're leaving from NW Illinois to Bowling Green in the morning to attend the NCM Anniversary Celebration.

Steven

·
Registered
19 Posts
NW IL... you live in the East Dubuque area? I used to live in Rockford, and went to school in the Quad Cities.

My C6 is my daily driver, ~ 8 miles every day, lol. Plus the road trip up to Ohio for the holiday weekend is coming up.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
I drive my Supercharged Vette when ever I don't have one or both of my little girls (they are 2 and 5). This is my 3rd Corvette and my girls (so far) have grown up in them. In fact I just picked up my 5 year old today from kindergarten and you could hear all the boys oohing and aweing at the site of it!:D I'm going to be the cool Mom with the Supercharged Red VETTE or at least in my mind I will! :devil:

MINI-VAN.........NEVER!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
NW IL... you live in the East Dubuque area? I used to live in Rockford, and went to school in the Quad Cities.

My C6 is my daily driver, ~ 8 miles every day, lol. Plus the road trip up to Ohio for the holiday weekend is coming up.
We're in Freeport - moved here from Bloomington in '93.

I take the '95 to work when I have time to go the long way there and back (I'm less than half a mile from the office).

Steven

·
Registered
493 Posts
3600 miles in less than 1 month on my '07 (and I'm only in the city where I keep the car about 2-3 days a week) and already almost 1500 miles on my '08(bought it last Wednesday)...It's not my daily driver, all those miles are either back roads through the mountains of western NC or miles on the highway getting to or returning from those areas...drove 65 miles tonight for some wings...HAHA, just a good excuse to run the back roads...

A
Your kinda close to my area, ever tried Old NC 18? Thats probably my favorite road around here.

Other than that, I try to get vette time at least once a week. Its slightly hard with my schedule sometimes. Im normaly 50-60 hour work weeks, then 3 college classes. I have one day off a week normaly, and when I do, Im in the vette lol

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
drove 65 miles tonight for some wings...HAHA, just a good excuse to run the back roads...

A
Hahahaha thats awesome, I'm always looking for a good excuse to take her out.

I go to a few dragstrip days when the weather is cool down here, which most of the time isnt...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've put 11,300 miles on my '95 since I bought it at the end of February 2006. I also put 1100 miles on the DC C6 during Bloomington Gold week this year.

I average close to 150 miles/week in mostly pleasure cruising with my wife.

Also, we're leaving from NW Illinois to Bowling Green in the morning to attend the NCM Anniversary Celebration.

Steven
We will be there beginning Friday am...Hope to see ya..

We'll be in an 06 Yellow Coupe. Ohio tags "RRUMBL B"
Say "Howdy" if you get a chance

·
DC Pit Crew Boss
4,165 Posts
She's my daily driver, whether its down pouring or snowing shes out there ready to go. You only live once, and im not saving this car for anyone:devil: Put about 600 miles on her this last week alone:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I drive mine a bit, but when i don't, I know Patrick is taking one for the team by driving his.:thumbsup:

·
DC crew
4,102 Posts
I'm about to roll over to 23,000 miles tonight. Drive my Z everyday. May of 2006 with 2 miles on the odometer was when I bought my car and the miles it had on it.:thumbsup:

Jr.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts