Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious. Looks like the vast majority of us think the Troy idea is a joke.

So who do you think is most deserving?

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Honestly, no one that I can think of. It's like the Nobel Peace Prize.... very few should have that honor. It makes the award (or nomination) that much sweeter.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Patrick ,for all he,s done for me, and i can assume for a lot of other corvette owners.His knowledge of the corvette is unsurpassed.His caring to go that extra mile is rare today in most of our daily lives,and his wit has not been matched yet.:partyon: :buhbye: :cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
kenney said:
Patrick ,for all he,s done for me, and i can assume for a lot of other corvette owners.His knowledge of the corvette is unsurpassed.His caring to go that extra mile is rare today in most of our daily lives,and his wit has not been matched yet.:partyon: :buhbye: :cheers:
You must be talking about -=Jeff=-. I thought it was me until you mentioned "knowledge". :laughing:

·
Banned
591 Posts
81 Corvette said:
I'm just curious. Looks like the vast majority of us think the Troy idea is a joke.

:laughing: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think some of the following Corvette racers will eventually be inducted. Roger Penske, Bob Bondurant, Jim Hall, John Mecom, Frank Dominianni, Bob Grossman, Don Yenko, John Greenwood.

In all honesty one cannot blame those that nominated Mr. Roberts or concurred positively on his qualification. In my limited experience with the internet, it appears the very newest Corvette owners are the most effected and thus influenced by the CF. Just think Zora retired in 1975, and I’ll venture many of them were not even licensed drivers at the time – not even Mr. Roberts.

If your Corvette experience was molded simply by the CF what else do you have for a historical reference.

Geoffrey Coenen

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I would nominate the current C5-R drivers/teams. In all honesty, it's a bit early for them but, they have done so well that the factory hasn't pulled the plug on them yet!:thumbsup:

I'd like to see some Corvette race car drivers inducted.:D

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
BubbleHead said:
I would nominate the current C5-R drivers/teams. In all honesty, it's a bit early for them but, they have done so well that the factory hasn't pulled the plug on them yet!:thumbsup:

I'd like to see some Corvette race car drivers inducted.:D
This is a GOOD idea! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
DocRebuild said:
I think some of the following Corvette racers will eventually be inducted. Roger Penske, Bob Bondurant, Jim Hall, John Mecom, Frank Dominianni, Bob Grossman, Don Yenko, John Greenwood.

In all honesty one cannot blame those that nominated Mr. Roberts or concurred positively on his qualification. In my limited experience with the internet, it appears the very newest Corvette owners are the most effected and thus influenced by the CF. Just think Zora retired in 1975, and I’ll venture many of them were not even licensed drivers at the time – not even Mr. Roberts.

If your Corvette experience was molded simply by the CF what else do you have for a historical reference.

Geoffrey Coenen
Well put. It's the sheep syndrome

·
Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then they need to go read Zora's book. Good Reading IMO.

I agree with the Roger Penske. I wouldn't have a problem with him. Its also way to early for any of the C5R members.

Heck even John Delorean would be better choice then TR.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What happened to that CF tread that nominated Mr. Troy Roberts for the NCM Hall of Fame? It's gone. Was that too provocative or ???

Geoffrey Coenen

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
DocRebuild said:
What happened to that CF tread that nominated Mr. Troy Roberts for the NCM Hall of Fame? It's gone. Was that too provocative or ???

Geoffrey Coenen
I wouldn't doubt that they removed it, it got pretty ugly.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts