Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Im all over it!

Ive been a fan since 1984 and was a founding member of the MetClub.

St. Anger is growing on me. Although I dislike the slow melodic parts, the begining and the end of the song remind me of the ole speed metal days of Kill Em All. Returning to their roots I hope!!
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BIG LAW MAN said:
Im all over it!

Ive been a fan since 1984 and was a founding member of the MetClub.

St. Anger is growing on me. Although I dislike the slow melodic parts, the begining and the end of the song remind me of the ole speed metal days of Kill Em All. Returning to their roots I hope!!
No kiddin? I was a MetClub member. I liked the magazine that they sent out. Also, I think I have a "fan can" around here somewhere.

:thumbsup:
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Yeah, I let me membership lapse a few years ago. SO WHAT is a good rag and the Fan Cans rocked. I have them all!
 

·
Official Forklift Driver
Joined
·
7,068 Posts
I used to buy thier CD's...cassettes back in the day...when they released them up to the black album. I didn't like the direction they were going and decided to wait to hear it on the radio before making another purchase. The only one that I've bought since was the Garage Days 2 CD set. I'll wait and see, I hope it's good!

:partyon:
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm with ya on that, War Machine! I don't like Load or Re-load very much. Seems like it was "over produced". I like Garage, Inc. They recorded it in 4 days, and it is raw and gritty.
 

·
Official Forklift Driver
Joined
·
7,068 Posts
Hell Yea I hear ya! I need to get rid of the stock delco stereo and put in some wattage to crank Garage Days on!! That raw and gritty would go perfect with the way my car looks! :laughing: :(




Notice the grey spot on the door in front of the mirror? That's fiberglass, and more bits come off every time I wash it. Also the yellow paint chipped Mustang looking nose. :rolleyes: Look at the corner oh the hood under the middle winow you'll see another grey spot where the paint is gone. Good thing the photo doesn't show the rest of the paint wounds. :thumbsup:
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
The disc comes out tomorrow (Thursday) Metallica bumped up the release date.
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BIG LAW MAN said:
The disc comes out tomorrow (Thursday) Metallica bumped up the release date.
Interesting, the album must be on Kazaa already! I am going to pick it up before I get on the plane.
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the CD.... and ... you are in for it!

No ballads, all metal.

Complicated riffs and drum parts, few pauses.

Some speed metal in there for sure, lyrics are "angrier".

There are no sing-a-long songs here. Just raw, thick guitars and drums. In fact, there aren't too many melodies, just lots of fast moving pieces.

INTERESTING.... now, I'll listen to the whole thing on the plane.

The CD is $12.98 at Circuit City, and that includes a DVD of the recordings.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I have only gotten 5 songs deep but LOVE it so far. MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the LOAD crap.

Oh and Patty, its only 9.99 at Best Buy and they all include the DVD.
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I stated my above comments after flipping through the CD shortly after getting it. But after I listened to it twice on the plane, I think it sucks.

I am REALLY dissapointed, considering I have been a Metallica fan for nearly 20 years.

All the songs sound the same, little variation in drum/guitar/bass sounds. All of the songs are the same tempo. The guitars are thin and not enough crunch. The bass playing is soft and not edgy. There is no "melody". It sounds more like abstract artistic expression... not music!

And, what the fucc is with the lyrics? Every song is about James "in pain" and it get's a little old.

I give it a 4-star out of 10. I will anxiously await their next album... which will be in 5 years.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
It is definately growing on me. I love Frantic, St. Anger, Dirty Window and Shoot me Again!!
 

·
DC Crew
Joined
·
3,723 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I stated my above comments after flipping through the CD shortly after getting it. But after I listened to it twice on the plane, I think it sucks.

I am REALLY dissapointed, considering I have been a Metallica fan for nearly 20 years.

All the songs sound the same, little variation in drum/guitar/bass sounds. All of the songs are the same tempo. The guitars are thin and not enough crunch. The bass playing is soft and not edgy. There is no "melody". It sounds more like abstract artistic expression... not music!

And, what the fucc is with the lyrics? Every song is about James "in pain" and it get's a little old.

I give it a 4-star out of 10. I will anxiously await their next album... which will be in 5 years.


Jason left the band before the album was recorded. Their producer played bass. I think they're going to miss him more than they know yet. According to an interview I read recently, now that James is dryed out, he's trying to get himself "right" with the band as well as the world, finally dealing with Cliff, and some other stuff. Perhaps that's the reason for all the "venting" of pain. James and Lars both nearly apologized to Jason for all the years of s__t they gave him. Kinda like closing the barn door after the horse gets out.

They and Kirk all sounded happy and recommitted to the continuation of the band during the interview. Maybe we'll see more production out of them in the future.

But Pat, I'm not sure we want Metallica happy, do we?
:partyon:

Kill 'em All.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top