Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

Im looking for the owner of the following headlights, I LOVE THEM AND WANT THEM WHERE CAN I GET THEM :) :)

THANKS!! :cheers: :cheers:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Soulja_350 said:
nope your WRONG ahahaha sorry, ummm the inside is different
I pondered that, but it's possible they had several versions of the C4 light system. I've heard many times that the original C4 and C5 versions had issues with heat.

Anyone?

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
my guess is that the ones on Johnnys car are NOT aftermarket.they look like there off a Saab,or Jag ,and custom fitted to his car.:smokin:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
my guess is that the ones on Johnnys car are NOT aftermarket.they look like there off a Saab,or Jag ,and custom fitted to his car.:smokin:
I can't believe I didn't notice that there was some body-work done there.

I'm a dolt. :buhbye:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
:thumbsup: i will bust into some ben & jerrys chocolate fudge brownie while we wait.:D :smokin:
hey Patrick-whats a dolt?i never heard that before.

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
:thumbsup: i will bust into some ben & jerrys chocolate fudge brownie while we wait.:D :smokin:
hey Patrick-whats a dolt?i never heard that before.

dolt = dumbass :) Just another one of Patricks endearing terms. :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
:laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
48 Posts
lights in the dark

hello there!

I am sorry, I have a busy life, and I do not have the time to be here so often.

The headlights are a test for myself, I like driving with the lights on but I did not like the original lights. They shine not so good and the aerodynamics are also worse. :(

So I looked for a solution, so I bought some Fiat Coupe lights and mounted them on my hood. I have used a saw!!!!:D The result was amazing. Now is my friend (specialsit) dsigning a compleate new hood and front bumper. Highrise hood, better cooling for enigne and brakes, better aerodynamics. The hood/frontbumper will come in original carbonfiber and is very light and strong. Together with two carbonfiber doors, I will gain more than 150kg :D All this with my new supercharged LS1 engine, I will have a very awsome vette. 550 + HP/ more than 225 MPH

If there are vette lovers who are intersed for the carbonfiber parts, please email me

[email protected]

:cheers:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
right on man,
your to the point were thats a "one-off" car.doesn't matter where the headlights came from,as long as they look good and work.supercharged LS1 is a good choice.did you use the stock block or the 6.0 litre truck iron block?i'm lucky enough to have a few hours a day,at work(usually) to visit the maniacs on this forum:laughing: post some photos when your project is done.
aloha,

·
Registered
48 Posts
hawaii-5-lo said:
right on man,
your to the point were thats a "one-off" car.doesn't matter where the headlights came from,as long as they look good and work.supercharged LS1 is a good choice.did you use the stock block or the 6.0 litre truck iron block?i'm lucky enough to have a few hours a day,at work(usually) to visit the maniacs on this forum:laughing: post some photos when your project is done.
aloha,
I have used the LS1 off road block, the one without the fly by wire TB, 5.7 liter:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
killer.:smokin:

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Re: lights in the dark

johnny said:
The hood/frontbumper will come in original carbonfiber and is very light and strong. Together with two carbonfiber doors, I will gain more than 150kg :D All this with my new supercharged LS1 engine, I will have a very awsome vette. 550 + HP/ more than 225 MPH

If there are vette lovers who are intersed for the carbonfiber parts, please email me

[email protected]

:smokin: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Those are the plans I have for my 87! I want to do every body part in Carbon Fiber and whatever else I can make with CF. (I better get rich soon!;) :laughing: ) I want to paint the car the same color, dark red metallic, but I want to leave the CF exposed down the middle to make a GS stripe. How do you think that would look?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: lights in the dark

johnny said:
hello there!

I am sorry, I have a busy life, and I do not have the time to be here so often.

The headlights are a test for myself, I like driving with the lights on but I did not like the original lights. They shine not so good and the aerodynamics are also worse. :(

So I looked for a solution, so I bought some Fiat Coupe lights and mounted them on my hood. I have used a saw!!!!:D The result was amazing. Now is my friend (specialsit) dsigning a compleate new hood and front bumper. Highrise hood, better cooling for enigne and brakes, better aerodynamics. The hood/frontbumper will come in original carbonfiber and is very light and strong. Together with two carbonfiber doors, I will gain more than 150kg :D All this with my new supercharged LS1 engine, I will have a very awsome vette. 550 + HP/ more than 225 MPH

[email protected]

Hey do u think you could make a CF bodykit like this? maybe change it abit so it doesnt look like it and we dont get sue ahaha

But forget about the hood; as it looks :down:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts