Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
13k miles, $34,900.

There were only 56 of these made, and they all have seen some time at the race track.

I just wonder why these aren't more collectible, since they are pretty rare. Thoughts?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Be patient. At some point, because of their rarity, I think that value could double 10-20 years from now.

I think they'd be a good investment right now if you can get one for low 30's.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I agree, these cars will be collectible down the road.

Eventually C4 prices will bottom out, then start going up again. Much like all previous generations of Corvettes.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I like them.. I wish I could afford another vette I may have consider one of those...

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
I know that they are rare but all there is to a challenge car is the paint job right? I thought they were standard Z51 optioned Vettes...

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Challenge cars were street-legal but race prepared, and were built for the SCCA Corvette Challenge Series.

They all had cloth interior, 4+3 Manual, Z51 Performance Handling Package, and Dymag Wheels with shaved tires.

Corvette Challenge cars are fitted with a roll cage, racing seat, safety harness, Desert Drivelines low-restriction exhaust, PBR brake pads and special brake cooling ducting, a fire extinguisher system and special Corvette Challenge emblems.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I'm reading an article in Milestones Magazine, a Special Corvette Edition, that in 1988, 56 CC cars had their engines matched so they were all equal and then sealed.

Then they only sent 50 to Protofab in Wixom Mi., for the safty equipment. I wonder what they did to the other 6?

·
Registered
19 Posts
you can buy the three video set of this race series from mid-america. I dont remember the price but its fun to watch.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
My feelings are if you have the $$$$$$$$$$$$ now...to invest in them.......
Great idea.....
I think they will go up in value......no matter what CORVETTE MAGAZINE says.....
tony

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read a magazine article a while back that suggested that since the challenge cars had to be 'equal' in performance, some were degraded in output to equal the lowest HP car. Not the other way around. Just something to consider in the overall desireability scheme........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts