Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed recently that very few members have white C6's. I was just looking thru photos of available 2008 C6's on Rick C's site & no white cars.

I've heard the most popular car color (all makes & models) for '07 was silver, but the 2nd most popular was white. In years prior, white was generally the most popular.

Is a white Vette taboo? If so, why was the RF Z06 so popular? I guess it was because white was N/A on "regular" Z06's.

· Registered
747 Posts
I think Rick had a graph on his website a while back that showed a break down of cars sold by color, and white was only like 5 or 10%. I thought black was the most popular color.

· Registered
922 Posts
I see a lot more white C6's than Lemans Blue... in my Corvette club, there are only three blue corvettes total (for all generations) but there are a good dozen or so white ones.

I like white Corvettes... looks pretty cool in my opinion, I just opted for the blue cuz I'm in the Air Force and I'm a big geek like that

· Premium Member
13,755 Posts
I had 2 white Vettes before my RED one and let me tell you there were very HARD to sell! Everyone that would call would ask what color it was and I would get "if it was any other color, I would take it". I really like the white alot but this time I wanted to get something really different and bright red is an ATTENTION GETTER! I seriously doubt I will have any trouble selling this one!:D

· Registered
1,152 Posts
I really dont know why white so unpopular, in 05 right after the C6 came out I stopped by a dealer in in dallas and they had 2 white vettes and about 10 others in different colors, I asked the sles manager if he would sell at GMS (employee discount) and he told me only on the white ones, I asked him why and he told me that those cars have been there since the first dleivery of the C6's and he cant sell them. I think there are so many awesome looking colors that white has just lost its luster, maybe if they did the white pearl like whats on the cadillac it would sell better. i think thats why i was so suprised everyone went crazy over the RFE.

· Registered
527 Posts
Honestly, I'm glad I don't see myself coming and going all the time!

PS....white was on my list!

· Registered
470 Posts
I think white Corvettes are very appealing. A white C6 with a nice exahust with 5% tint all the way around reminds me of a shark ready to bite. At least thats what my ex thinks.

· Registered
872 Posts
Other than my favorite (yellow) white would be a close second. If I put a C6 together today.....white with the bleeder (red) interior and competition grey wheels. Now that would be a bad looking car! IMO...:D

· SinisterC6's Daddy
940 Posts
A buddy of mine has a white coupe... If it didn't come with chrome factory wheels it would hardly stand out in a crowd... The thing about the color is that Arctic white obviously is not metalic and doesn't have the "pop" that you get with a clean freshly waxed metalic or even red or black... No dis, but I doubt many people pull up to a white car at a stop light and compliment the driver on the color of the car.

· Registered
1,129 Posts
I think white really makes the C6 work. For some reason, for me, white is beautiful on the C6. Now for a C5 or C4, I'll take blue any day.

· Registered
41 Posts
I have a 02 Silver vert & a 91 White ZR1 & i reallly like the color of both of them. A buddy of mine has an 03 White vert also. It doesn't really matter what color a vette is - it is just a georgous automobile. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

· Only green will do...
18,358 Posts
me myself i have only seen one white c5 and i found it very nice, but like everything you really need to like that color, its up to your preference,i would defenitely buy a white vette no problem , but prefer GREEN

· Registered
27 Posts
I've noticed recently that very few members have white C6's. I was just looking thru photos of available 2008 C6's on Rick C's site & no white cars.

I've heard the most popular car color (all makes & models) for '07 was silver, but the 2nd most popular was white. In years prior, white was generally the most popular.

Is a white Vette taboo? If so, why was the RF Z06 so popular? I guess it was because white was N/A on "regular" Z06's.
A lot of guys don't like the white this confuses me as well I labored over this when I bought my 2007 I could not find a white one to see in person it was gonna be silver or white, I chose the white had to order it site unseen and don't regret it for a minute, I love the clean sporty look :partyon:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts