Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just surfing the other site and noticed that they have an annual cruise-in in Bowling Green. Why can't DC do something like this??? It is hard to get 10 vettes together to even do a tail of the dragon run. Isn't this supposed to be like a big club here on DC? Why don't we start something like this and finally meet each other face-to-face and see our rides in person. Both TOD runs have been a blast and I have made some really good friends that I still keep in contact with. What do you say, anyone up for a big DC gathering????

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is this posted about it being there?? I have never heard about it. I am not talking about an event like carlisle or effingham, I think it would be neat to do a strict DC run where we can get all gens to show up and meet and greet.

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Having a gathering at a bigger event has proven to be the best way to get the most involvement since most members have families and a limited amount of time off work.

I've made some great DC gatherings in Florida, Michigan and Wisconsin too, but I've also missed more than I've gotten to make. DC Track Days have been a blast!

There have been some great Carlisle outings over the last few years, plenty of burnouts, good food with great company and more Corvette eye candy than most can take in.

2007 http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76275

2008 http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101482

2009 http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119802

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
trying to get everyone to come to Somernitescruises Corvette weekend Sept 23,24,25. That would be a great place to meet. Check out www.somernitescruise.com for info.

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
I've set up a local DC (Orlando) meet. Had a good time just chatting and all. I agree, some officially unoffical gathering woul be fun, but the travel is what keeps people away.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I'm sorry but I'm not using my family vacation time to drive 1/2 way across the country to see a bunch of Corvettes, maybe I don't like Corvettes enough...maybe it's a charcter flaw.

·
DC Pit Crew
10,260 Posts
I'm sorry but I'm not using my family vacation time to drive 1/2 way across the country to see a bunch of Corvettes, maybe I don't like Corvettes enough...maybe it's a charcter flaw.
party pooper :laughing:

I've had a great time at the DC gatherings I've been to. Mostly smaller local stuff because travel does become an issue. How about this, Kansas City is near the middle of the country and has great BBQ, so why don't we all get together out here? :D

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
I'm sorry but I'm not using my family vacation time to drive 1/2 way across the country to see a bunch of Corvettes
Yup certainly agree there, but if you're already headed to a big event it's easier to hook up with DC folks if there's a gathering going on there - as opposed to trying to hold a separate big event like the OP was discussing.

The smaller local events are definitely easier to pop in on. But now that I think of it, I haven't made one of those in years either.

:laughing:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
party pooper :laughing:

I've had a great time at the DC gatherings I've been to. Mostly smaller local stuff because travel does become an issue. How about this, Kansas City is near the middle of the country and has great BBQ, so why don't we all get together out here? :D
I would gladly drive to KC to do a Vette run. It isn't about vacation to me, it is about driving and gatherings. Sorry if I ruffled some feathers, just trying to get a run together.

·
Sir Dude
17,444 Posts
Its all in what you want to do. I don't like car shows, or just driving some where down the road. But I will drive across the country to meet up and get on a track with you.

So if you like driving and tour events most are local and need to have a local organizer.

To me its not fun to drive for 2 days to get to a touring event and then drive home for 2 days.

I will how ever promote any event that you want to organize...:thumbsup:

·
Sir Dude
17,444 Posts
it's a charcter flaw

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
How many people are up for a drive down here, we can do something on Sebring...oh...nobody?:laughing:
I'll drive down to Sebring :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts