Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,424 Posts
Wings belong on birds and planes, not on Corvette. I still think they look like crap. Sure the C5-Rs have them but they are actually racing at a couple of hundred mph. IMHO

G

·
Yes that also disgusts me.

There is a clown that has a black 2002 Z06 that has that same wing bolted on the trunk lid around town. I am always on the hunt for him so I can pull his ass over and bitch slap him.:nuts:

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:

There is a clown that has a black 2002 Z06 that has that same wing bolted on the trunk lid around town. I am always on the hunt for him so I can pull his ass over and bitch slap him.:nuts:
I wish you the best of luck with this endeavor, BLM! :spanked:

·
Registered
335 Posts
BIG LAW MAN said:

Please find him!!! :spanked:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't like it .. but to each his own ... they really do help if your road racing ...

:buhbye: :(

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
Don&Kelly said:
I don't like it .. but to each his own ... they really do help if your road racing ...

:buhbye: :(
Just curious.... how do they help with road racing? They add drag.... and I don't know that you want more weight in the rear, seems you want more weight on the nose for cornering....

... what are you thoughts?

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
it probably helps keep the ass from spinning out,but would only really work in high speed cornering,im just guessing,im suprised Da Hawaiian Punch hasnt posted here,he has a similar wing on his c4.its mostly for looks.but it looks much better on a c4,the c5 doesnt look that good with a wing.just my opinion.later,Todd.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The C5-Rs have them and need them to keep the rear wheels on the ground under extreme acceleration around the corners .... and NASCAR cars use them for the same reason ..

:buhbye:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
to each his own man...

·
Registered
333 Posts
SHOT THE BASTARD!!!! :nuts: :spanked:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
this thread is .........no disrespect 5point7liter,it a persons choice.i can not stand to see another c5 with chrome z06 wheels.im not going to start a thread about it.or how about,damn,why doesnt that guy lower his car,its not a 4-wheel drive.its just choice.personally i dont like c5s with wings,i like c4s with wings though.almost that exact one.i still love you man,this post kept going to the top of the page and i could not resist my opinion.
later,Todd.:buhbye:

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hawaii-5-lo said:
this thread is .........no disrespect 5point7liter,it a persons choice.i can not stand to see another c5 with chrome z06 wheels.im not going to start a thread about it.or how about,damn,why doesnt that guy lower his car,its not a 4-wheel drive.its just choice.personally i dont like c5s with wings,i like c4s with wings though.almost that exact one.i still love you man,this post kept going to the top of the page and i could not resist my opinion.
later,Todd.:buhbye:

I see what your sayin but it is my opinion and almost everyone has agreed with me saying "Yuck' or "Shoot him" etc. So its not just me, but I just dont like wings like that, I like spoilers on vettes but not ones...LIKE THAT! again...This is just my opinion!

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
aloha,
there might be a few others who like them but are afraid of getting flamed for speeking up.my buddy on this forum(Da Hawaiian Punch) has a wing on his c4,he doenst even post pictures any more.he would post,say,look at my new chrome c5 wheels.and all the replys are about his wing.(negitive)but i do agree,on the c5 i dont like.
Todd.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, I've seen his car before, the wing on his C4 doesnt look that bad. Im not trying to get on anyones bad side and start an opinions war here! But I DO appologize to anyone that gets offended by this post!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.