Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone? I hope all is well. Just thought i'd stir up a topic that came to me while in the bookstore. I was wondering why you never see C3s in magazines? I mean outside of our targeted publications, you really never see them in muscle car mags, Chevy mags, or any other hot rod mags. You always see Camaros, Chevelles, El Caminos, Monte Carlos, Mopars, Pontiacs, Fords, and the list goes on, but you never see C3s. I will even go out on a limb and say you see C1s and C2s more. What's up with that? What do you guys think? To say so many were made they are never featured like the others.

·
Banned
6,201 Posts
Actually, I have seen C3s in nearly every edition of Hagerty Auto collectors magazine, plus nearly every so often in DRIVE magazine and also in Corvette magazine :laughing: (ok, that one was expected)

I also keep seeing them in movies and tv series.. maybe it's just my keen sense of perception and observation... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Yeah there was a sweet c3 on the movie THE BOX with cameron diaz. and no the title of the movie has nothing to do with her actual box LOL

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also keep seeing them in movies and tv series.. maybe it's just my keen sense of perception and observation... :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Yeah, I saw 2 in Apollo 13 over the weekend. Jim Lovell (Tom Hanks) is driving a red one, and Ken Mattingly (Gary Sinese) is driving a gold one. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
I just bought a C3, so I see one everyday now and I love it.:D As for the magazines...don't know why the C3's wouldn't get much page time, it's a beautiful car.:huh:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
...I was wondering why you never see C3s in magazines? I mean outside of our targeted publications...
Truth be told, a couple of the "targeted" publications usually didn't have C3s in them. Way too much C5 and C6 bling. One of them is now out of business; the second one will probably be going.

:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
The main reason is the market place. When my car was featured in Vette the editor told me they have wanted to feature a C-4 for awhile but just couldn't find one that was different enough. He said they can only feature a superrammed 383 so many times before people won't buy the magazine to read about it.

They newer stuff (C-5/6) can always be featured because advertisers will pony up the parts to get a magazine article.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Raidmagic maybe that's what it is. I hope I am not sounding crazy. It is just an observation that I was making with non-Vette oriented magazines. I check out others from time to time and to me it just seems like they feature all sorts of other cars other than ours. Mags like Musclemag, Car Craft, Popular Hotrodding, etc. Glad we have our special interest mags.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Look closely at that black C3 next time you watch rush hour. They don't show the interior much. I saw a magazine (can't remember which one) that showed that car and the interior isn't in very good shape at all from what I saw....not that it mattered for the movie aeffect. The exterior was still pretty nifty.

·
Registered
67 Posts
In addition to not seeing them in non-targeted muscle car magazines, you never see them on muscle car oriented Speed TV shows like Pass Times, or Pinks all out. I watch these shows pretty religiously, waiting to see a C3. :WTF

·
Registered
676 Posts
What's up everyone? I hope all is well. Just thought i'd stir up a topic that came to me while in the bookstore. I was wondering why you never see C3s in magazines? I mean outside of our targeted publications, you really never see them in muscle car mags, Chevy mags, or any other hot rod mags. You always see Camaros, Chevelles, El Caminos, Monte Carlos, Mopars, Pontiacs, Fords, and the list goes on, but you never see C3s.
My best guess is that it has to do with the numbers of those other cars that were produced in comparison to the vettes of the same year. If there were 5 times more Camaro's produced, that means there's a lot more people who are familiar with Camaros and actually have seen one than a comparable Corvette. Mags want to sell as many issues as possible so they go for the biggest target audiences.

A quick Google search turned up that the Camaros alone produced 114,630, the Monte Carlo had 159,341, compared to 21,801 Corvettes. You start to factor in the other big quantity cars of that era and the total percentage that were Corvettes is probably pretty small.

But of course the Corvettes were the best of them all! :partyon:

·
Caution - Do Not Remove
93 Posts
c-3's

Years ago there used to be a magazine called autobuff or auto buff ? anyway it featured hot cars and even hotter babes !!! Both of which wer pretty well stripped down. thr cars were everyday drivers. Sort of a combination of playboy for car freaks. Would that be hot if they had a mag like that now for C-3's. divorce or no divorce i'd buy it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I personally think its because C3s are so F-ing BADASS looking, and were out of reach to most gearheads of the era, that they don't dare include them in the non-targeted pubs, for fear of making all the rest of the cars pale in comparative AWESOME-NESS!!!:partyon:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I like the fact that you dont see our cars in every friggin place you look. Including magazines. Thats why I believe I get so many :thumbsup: looks from all ages when I am cruising. The only part that sux is since I got my car I think it started a small wave of C3 I got to have one phobia or some ****. There was 3 in my area before I got mine that were driven, now I think I have about 15 at last count. Sort of takes the :surprised factor out of it when you see them daily. But I am glad some have taken interest if they plan to take care of them. :D

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
We need to have a C3 track day some where and invite some magazines to come...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have had a C5Z and have a C6Z, but I still think the C3s are what I think of as "Corvettes". I guess because that is what they looked like when I was young. Kind of like when I think of what a President should look/be like I think of Reagan.

I know my C6Z is twice the car of a C3, but when I see a sharp, slighlty modernized C3 I think damn that is a bad ass car.
:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts