Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original Corvettes look almost nothing like what we have today. They've retained almost nothing over the years, so why keep running from the past. It's at least my personal opinion that the originals were the best, but they keep departing from that style. The 50th aniversary was supposed to be coloured like the originals, but they took that away, and now they're continuing to get away from the originals with the C6. Why is it that they don't at least try to recapture some of that allure that the originals had. It really is a shame...

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I think the C6 has some Shark in it. What GM hopefully doesnt want to go is Retro. They are progressing with the times. Leaving the past in the past and Coming up with a new CORVETTE. Change is good. Thats what i keep telling my self. Maybe 1 day ill believe it.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I'd like a New retro....
Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki are selling ALOT of "retro" motorcycles. Ford has brought back the 2 seater T-bird and the GT-40. Chryslers crossfire sure looks like an old Jag XKE
I'd concider buying a new car if it looked like an old 'vette.
There is a 198? corvette with a 1954 body slightly modified on it that looks COOL AS HELL!! Why can't GM do this on there own????
:partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
The New T brid is an insult to its past. The GT 40 looks just like its predasesors. The only retro car i love is that Camaro one that BLM Posted.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i guess it's suppost to be progress.i'm actually glad that the generation's change a little,or they would all look similar.i'm not a big fan of the C6 only because it really ressemble's a C5.the average person probably won't know a C5 from a C6.for me,if something is going to change,change it alot.my favorite vette is a lowered C5-then C4,the 63 to 73.i will eventually own one of each,and am glad they all have there own characteristic's.i guess one could look at it like,you can't please everyone-all the time,so make what you want.the vette's been around 50 year's,and going strong,so they must be doing something right..i'm not trying to sound like your parent's,but if you like the original,get one and customize it.:buhbye:

edit-welcome to DC.com.see ya around....:smokin:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I love old Vette's, but if I wanted an old car, I'd buy and old car. I wish the C6 were more exotic and a little less similar to the C5. I'm really glad they didn't go retro with it. Retro (IMO) shows a lack of new ideas. These new retro cars really appeal to the older crowd that was around when the originals came out. Don't get me wrong, I really like the new t-bird, GT, '05 Mustang, but you have to wonder what's next? How do you update an old design that has been updated already? Retro cars ignore a large portion of the younger generation. Just my 2 cents.

T

·
0 Posts
Porsche 917K, McLaren M8 series, Ferrari 512M (not the Testarossa), Ford GT40... That's enough to define all automotive history.

Looks like Ford has a home run on their hands. Now why the hell can't GM give us an updated '67 roadster?

·
Super Moderator
10,132 Posts
An expensive retro car like the T-Bird fills a short demand line, then sits on the dealer's floor. And a retro vette would cost more than the bird. If they could use their new "different model side by side manuafacturing system" to produce a retro look model on the new chassis, it would sell and maybe even make some money for them. But there are already too many out there who don't think GM pushed the design envelope far enough with the C6. I would NEVER gamble corvette's future exclusively on a retro model. IMO.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Tour18 said:
Porsche 917K, McLaren M8 series, Ferrari 512M (not the Testarossa), Ford GT40... That's enough to define all automotive history.

Looks like Ford has a home run on their hands. Now why the hell can't GM give us an updated '67 roadster?
If I want a midyear, then that's what I'll buy. I want something new. I know that's been said before, but a lot of people feel this way. I know it will be a great car when it debuts in January.

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Just my opinion but I think that "they" have tried to recapture the allure of the originals.

They have kept the name, they have kept all Corvette owners, followers, lovers or enthusiasts at bay about the C6. Look at al the posts and opinions about the car..mine and yours included.
The car has been in production yearly with 1 exception and "they" have managed to make each new generation different enough to make us want to own one or two or ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts