Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took her 1200 miles from here to Breckenridge, CO and back this weekend with hardly any issues. Cruised right down the road at 75-80 with no issue, getting about 15 mpg. Lots of thumbs up from bikers and at least one guy took a picture with his cell phone. :laughing: Maybe it was the hot red-head in the passenger seat... :huh:

Great weekend at 'Vettes on the Rockies with lots of good people, good food, and great driving.

Pics to follow...

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how on earth can you get 15 mpg :laughing: j/k did you see any D/C guys?????
how was the weather ??
:laughing: honestly I was pretty surprised at the mileage as well. Running 3500 rpm at 76 mph on the interstate with a stock 4-spd. Much better than I expected!

Hung out all weekend with Stingin' 76 and Rjent and their wives. Great people! They all headed south through New Mexico today, so hopefully we'll get lots of pics up by the end of the week.

Weather was nice and cool with quite a bit of cloud cover. Rained a little every afternoon, but Sunday morning was beatiful for the show 'n' shine!

·
Registered
550 Posts
They're made for Drivin !! :partyon: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
They are great cruizers...

Several of my friends went and said they had a great time.

(wasn't in the budget for me this year... next year maybe)...

Glad you had a good time.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
905 Posts
They're made for Drivin !! :partyon: :thumbsup:
Boy, you're not kiddin there! It feels like I'm in a giant, powerful go-cart. This is the first one I've had and I just love it. I've got around 900 miles on it since I got it on the road three weeks ago with only one glitch. :partyon: Art

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
REALLY?? :crazy: :laughing: I must be doing something wrong :rolling:
TT, you're not doing anything wrong, it's just that you haven't got it enough right yet to drive it. It's getting more right all the time from the pics you've posted, it's just not quite there yet. :rolling:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
REALLY?? :crazy: :laughing: I must be doing something wrong :rolling:
Your baby brother going to have HIS vette on the road, and cruisin....and you be sitting there drawing, welding, nose in a theory book....

WHO is having more fun???

:WTF :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Made it back safely. There was a pile of stuff on my desk. I will have some pics up by Monday.

We had a great time. The views and mountain driving were awesome. Rjent and I got to drive the Vettes up Pikes Peak. It was cool since there is so much racing history there. We also spent a day driving the enchanted Circle in New Mexico. It really sucks to be back at work.

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:laughing: I hear ya on the back to work thing. And I only had a 4 day weekend, much less a whole week off!

Glad to hear you had a good time down in NM.

Here are Stingin' 76 on the left, Rjent in the middle, and myself and dad on the right.

and one in the garage at the resort:

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was running the same rpms as you until I installed a 5 speed; dropped to a little under 2100 rpms at 70. What a tremendous difference. Went from 16 to 21 MPG too!

Great looking car!
Bernie

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was running the same rpms as you until I installed a 5 speed; dropped to a little under 2100 rpms at 70. What a tremendous difference. Went from 16 to 21 MPG too!

Great looking car!
Bernie
believe me, it's on the list! I'm working from the back of the car forward though, so the trani will probably be sometime next summer or next fall after new U-joints, rebuilt diff, etc. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,311 Posts
Your baby brother going to have HIS vette on the road, and cruisin....and you be sitting there drawing, welding, nose in a theory book....

WHO is having more fun???

:WTF :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :cheers:
OH Snap!

you sure i'm not posting under your account?:devil:

Vettes on the Rockies is a great time. I won the C3 autocross there once.

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry for the hold up! Here are a few highlights:

New buddy Jack:

Myself and Rjent checking out the wiper door

Headed home

1 - 20 of 22 Posts