Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This crash happened Sunday afternoon in Bellevue, Washington. Witnesses say the 52 year old male was driving at a high rate of speed down I-90 in a 1968 Corvette. He lost control, crashing into a barrier and landing upside down, partially ejecting him from the Corvette. He survived the crash and was rushed to Overlake Hospital in Bellevue with serious injuries.

He was later arrested for DUI after police found alcohol to be the likely factor in the crash.

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2011...&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=032211_duicrash

·
Registered
721 Posts
My cousin/business partner was killed by a drunk driver. Riding his Harley home one day when a drunk driver crossed the lane and hit him head on doing 60 in a 30.

The guy got 5 years in jail and is due out next year.

Not to mention it was his third offense.

Partially ejected huh? They should have left that piece of **** in the road. It's fortunate there wasn't anyone else involved.

·
Premium Member
10,260 Posts
wow, never would have guessed he survived from looking at the wreck. Drunk drivers are just a step above child molesters in my book. :down:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
The fiberglass body didn't hold up too good. I think I'll do a bit more welding on my cage......

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wonder if any of the interior pieces survived? think he would give me a good deal? Nah, but in all seriousness I feel bad for the car, not so much for the drunk driver.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I wonder if any of the interior pieces survived? think he would give me a good deal? Nah, but in all seriousness I feel bad for the car, not so much for the drunk driver.
I was kinda thinking the same thing. Not much left of the car to part out buy I bet there is something there! :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and I saw the aftermath of this. Not good, but thankfully no one but the drunk driver was injured. That photo of the firemen is similar to what we saw driving past. They seemed, not that I'd really know, amazed and confused how it came to look like that.

I was interested to learn more about this model of Corvette and found this thread. Beautiful model of Corvette. Very curvy.

VetteFinders, sorry to bother, but what is the other forum those pictures are from? Were other people describing what they saw? Backed up traffic a good ways back as a couple lanes were closed for safety. Even on Sunday there's a good amount of traffic. He put alot of people in danger.

·
Registered
339 Posts
VetteFinders, sorry to bother, but what is the other forum those pictures are from?
The forum is the one that shall remain unnamed where those that are not worthy banish all that are:rolling:

what a waste of a 68, I would have rather had Bubba own it or perhaps this is the outcome of Bubba , what a waste poor poor car

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
What a dumbass:down: I hate DD's. If I had passed by I'd ran his drunk ass over with my heavy Jeep. That's why these cars are depleting in numbers. Poor Corvette.

·
Registered
101 Posts
SHARK ABUSE!! ...quick call PETA ...GREEN PEACE ....Al Gore ..somebody for the love of god ..:thud:

only thing thats a bigger waste than that poor car is the air the drunk driver is suckin up everyday ..:WTF

·
Registered
114 Posts
Those wheels are what I was wanting to put on mine. I bet he would let me have them real cheap. I could probably get them for a six pack.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'd like to have those wheels myself. By the looks of the pic, it's probably a good thing for him he was partially ejected.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I saw this on another forum yesterday. It brings to light my worst fear when driving my vette, just what is gonna happen to me if things go bad and I roll this thing over.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow that guy is lucky to be alive. I am glad nobody else was harmed, I know several people who have been injured/killed by drunk drivers.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Dude, screw the wheels. I have been posting for the past three weeks about buying a chrome bumper vette!!!!!! Yeah, yeah, I did find and am waiting on a 73' but I see two frigging chrome bumpers in that wreck!!!!

15k and I would have saved him jail time and everything!!!!!:thud: Yeah, you say that ain't a great price, but just think about doing 5 years with bubba, 15k ain't a bad deal now is it????

By the way, I don't like drunk drivers either. Serious about buying the vette pre accident though.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Correction, think I see rust on the bird cage.

13k.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts