Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
example, why you try not to confront criminals while un-armed

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/oc...-man-68-killed-trying-to-stop-/news-breaking/

http://video.tbo.com/m/34594079/man-killed-during-car-break-in.htm?q=police:

do you think this would have turned out differently if this guy confronted these thieves,after calling the cops, with this in his hands, to detain the thugs,and the skill to use it correctly
to either defend himself or scare them off

obviously a camera and a cell phone would also help
but we instead have the car owner STABBED TO DEATH, by two THUGS that I hope get LIFE IN PRISON

every home with responsible adult occupants should at least strongly consider having a safe for valuables,several fire extinguishers, a decent alarm system that has both hard line and cellular dial back-up and a safely stored firearm thats easily reached and activated if needed by that or those responsible adult occupants, occupants with at least some basic training in firearm use and maintenance
if some thug and his buddies kicks in your door, at 2 a.m. with murderous intent, you won,t have a prayer that the police will save your butt! its UP TO YOU to defend YOUR family

now each of us makes choices but if someones going to attack you in your home or bust thru locked doors to steal your possessions,they are already guilty of a felony,and you can bet your personal safety or welfare is not high on their list of concerns , and breaking the law has no deterrent to their thinking.they pose a serious threat to you and your family and you'll need to deal with that threat or more than likely, if your confronting a felon, un-armed, you'll be seriously injured or even killed , remember they won,t want witnesses, pointing them out later,
keep in mind that under stress you may not be thinking clearly about your safety, but as the head of a house hold you need to think thru your actions, (obviously this guy didn,t think thru the consequences of confronting two thieves while unarmed)
looking down the bore of a 12 ga is a bit more intimidating to a thug, than a hand gun, and in trained hands, with a load of #1 buck, much more effective at across the room ranges

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
This is why i carry all the time.

·
I support glass stairways
5,955 Posts
Remingtons are ok, but I prefer to grab this:

oh, and maybe one of these:

or:

Of course, the wife has this:
(it's the bottom one)

And her double-barrel 12 gauge...

I think we're good here...:rolling:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Deep breath.......

Sigh......

:rolleyes:

I would hardly call anybody that dont have gunz, a safe, training in firearm, and a home security alarm system......."unresponsible":rolleyes:

That's your POV.

It's not verbatim for responsible adults throughout the country.:rolleyes:

Step back and think about the possibility that everybody in the country does not live in fear.

And then realize the facts and numbers on home break in's per year as opposed to the national census numbers for our total population.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Shotgun or...

If i'm in the mood for a challange...

one of my Bowie kinves and my Fiskars close combat zombie axe.:laughing:

RRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....:partyon:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Deep breath.......

Sigh......

:rolleyes:

I would hardly call anybody that dont have gunz, a safe, training in firearm, and a home security alarm system......."unresponsible":rolleyes:

That's your POV.

It's not verbatim for responsible adults throughout the country.:rolleyes:

Step back and think about the possibility that everybody in the country does not live in fear.

And then realize the facts and numbers on home break in's per year as opposed to the national census numbers for our total population.
I dont think grumpy is calling it irresponsible to not own a gun. City dwellers like us live a vastly different life than rural folks.

Our great country gives people the right to own a gun. I personally do not own a gun, but have recently been considering it. Owning a home and getting married next year has changed my perspective on protecting my stuff/family in that 0.0001% chance something crazy happens.

How can I make a prospective thief think I have military training and a gun without disrespecting those who have served? IMO I need to look like a worse place to rob than at least one of my neighbors. :laughing:

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
"every home with responsible adult occupants should at least strongly consider having a safe for valuables,several fire extinguishers, a decent alarm system that has both hard line and cellular dial back-up and a safely stored firearm thats easily reached and activated if needed by that or those responsible adult occupants, occupants with at least some basic training in firearm use and maintenance"

That's my impression.

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
"every home with responsible adult occupants should at least strongly consider having a safe for valuables,several fire extinguishers, a decent alarm system that has both hard line and cellular dial back-up and a safely stored firearm thats easily reached and activated if needed by that or those responsible adult occupants, occupants with at least some basic training in firearm use and maintenance"

That's my impression.
What's wrong with that? :huh:

·
Registered
889 Posts
I carry full-****in-time. Wouldn't ever consider anything else. There are too many other people in this world that want the **** that I have.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Remingtons are ok, but I prefer to grab this:

oh, and maybe one of these:

or:

Of course, the wife has this:
(it's the bottom one)

And her double-barrel 12 gauge...

I think we're good here...:rolling:
I obviously love your collection. :D

Ive got a tacd out sk as well, and just recently added an AK-74m to the mix. As well as some more tactical goodies to the saiga 12.

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts

Your tone will change if you are the one that becomes a part of the stats and live to learn ...

Even more if you live something horrible like your wife being raped or children abducted. Certainly, this is something that you can want for no one and I hope it never happens to you or your family. But you won't sing the same tune after it has happened to you.

I'm like the others, it has never happened to me, but if it does there will be blood on the wall and slugs on the floor, even if I don't live to tell the tale.

My valuables aren't locked up because I have insurance for that, no insurance can replace my wife or my kids.

a++ Cedric

ps: My only difference with some of the other fellows is that I only have gun to deal with issues and not a personal armory.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I have Had only one person tell me that they would never carry a gunl/something for self defense. So I took down were they lived and sent it to the Prisoners at Huntsville TX.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
i have had only one person tell me that they would never carry a gunl/something for self defense. So i took down were they lived and sent it to the prisoners at huntsville tx.
lol

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
Since the Administration refuses to secure our borders, we are armed and ready since we live at a crossroads of illegal immigrant trafficking..... Houston.
offtopic.

This is a home invasion thread according to Grumpys specifics and comments.

Either way...

Since you brought it up...

What are the top ten most dangerous cities in the US?

Or homicides...

Or home invasions?

Take your pick....

·
Super Moderator
8,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

normal people don,t want to ever be in a gun fight,but if forced to defend yourself in your home...
looking down the bore of a 12 ga is a bit more intimidating to a thug, who is thinking of taking you on in combat,than a hand gun, and in trained hands, with a load of #1 buck, much more effective at across the room ranges, and your a bit less likely to need to shoot if the opponents sees the business end of a 12 ga leveled at his nose,

18"-20" in ballistic jell,is generally considered full penetration on opponents
If your family's lives are in the balance you want max effective armaments to stop an intruder, but you don,t want projectiles zipping thru outer walls and threatening neighbors

1 - 20 of 22 Posts