Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· DC Crew
32,928 Posts
When it comes to custom cars it really becomes a matter of what the buyer is willing to pay. I wouldn't say it's worth more just because it has a body kit on it. How about some more info on the car. Engine, trans, interior condition, paint condition, etc. More pics will help too. Then some C3 guys can give you an idea.:thumbsup:

· Registered
228 Posts
I am no expert, but if the car has a low mileage and original engine as well as original things. I would think the unoriginal body kit will lower the value.
Unless the body kit is something extremely rare and wanted.

· Registered
4,606 Posts
It depends who installed the body kit. If its a well known customizer/racer then it could be worth more. If its poorly installed then its worth less.

Post up more pics, specifically of the chassis and inner wheel fenders. Examine the body for cracks or other issues.

Does the car look well kept? When was the body kit installed? What is the asking price?

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Engine is very nice..except for aftermarket air cleaner.high volume waterpump and new 4core aluminum radiator ..interior is very nice except for pioneer radio and of course clock does not work..it now has remote for locks from a viper alarm ..under looks decent some light surface rust I think even stock exhaust which is so so
.the t-tops seem to fit good..was told the body kit was put on in 74..in pretty good shape.just some minor areas need attention nothing major..no idea who did the body but I cannot find another one like it.I will try and get some more pics soon..

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Already own it..maybe a little spur of the moment..but thought it was very cool and unique ..and always wanted a vette..nada on car is 17,300 and traded my 99 f-250 for it..truck was book at 10,200 so I thought I did good.

· Registered
228 Posts
I would think the the NADA uses quotes for cars that are original. Even with that being true or not, I was guessing, with the little knowledge of the car that I have, that the car value was between 5-15k.
Sounds like you got a decent deal on it in my opinion if you traded a older truck for something unique that you like.

· Registered
19,496 Posts
How do they know when the body kit was installed but not know who did it? :crazy: Those go hand in hand. What documentation did they supply of when it was installed?

I'd guess the value of this car is less than a stock identical car as less people want a wide body so demand is lower. Low Demand = Low price. Over all, I'd say the car is worth $8-$12K.

Hope you have no buyer's remorse with such a quick purchase.

:cheers:

· Registered
677 Posts
Depending on the year and condition and milage.
(On some it won't help or hurt it!).
It's considered a custom at this point and I must agree that its really worth what you are willing to pay.
(There are some exceptions,like the Greenwood turbo,ect,.)
It sounds like you did well on the trade! :thumbsup:The main thing is that you are happy with it! It's not a bad price for a fun toy these days.:cheers:

Example- http://greenwoodcorvettes.com/TurboGT.html $42,500 or best offer

(From Vette Magazine)
The History Of The Greenwood Turbo GT
John and Burt Greenwood built quite a few race-based street cars in the '70s. Although they had developed their own unique Corvette suspension and aerodynamic systems to support their racing program, these technologies eventually found their way into production autos as part of an effort to offset their high tooling costs. Initially, the street cars were offered with minor aerodynamic improvements and exaggerated styling cues, but they quickly evolved into nothing short of high-speed endurance racers for the road.

Between 1975 and 1981, approximately 43 custom-made street cars based on five distinct body styles were produced under the umbrella of Greenwood International. These included the GT/Sebring GT (32 produced), the Sportwagon (1), the Turbo GT (3), the Daytona (5) and the GTO (2).

· Registered
16,115 Posts
No. There were no factory wide body cars, so anything you see as wide body is an aftermarket kit.

Two questions: First: What is the seller asking for the car in your pic?

Second: Do you want the car in the pic?

:thumbsup:
The Owens Corning Corvettes from that era are extremely valuable but the Greenwood customer cars not so much.

· Banned
6,177 Posts
It's your car..
If you love it and enjoy it, noone has a say in it.

It is a nice looking car, wouldnt say I'd want to own it as I'm a bit of a purist, but i'm guessing thats fair price for it and it has a very nice interior.. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.