Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods are listed in signature. I need traction and the widened front wheel thing is good but not great.

I need to do the widebooty for wider rear wheels and am torn between the choices. I kinda like the non-vented Carvaggio fenders but don't know enough about the fit, finish, and general overall quality of the parts.

Anyone know or should I just go with GM fenders.......

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Mods are listed in signature. I need traction and the widened front wheel thing is good but not great.

I need to do the widebooty for wider rear wheels and am torn between the choices. I kinda like the non-vented Carvaggio fenders but don't know enough about the fit, finish, and general overall quality of the parts.

Anyone know or should I just go with GM fenders.......

Thanks.
I would use the the "vented" GM set up, I understand the vents are functional to cool the rear disk brakes on the Z-51 and Z-06 models respectively.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would use the the "vented" GM set up, I understand the vents are functional to cool the rear disk brakes on the Z-51 and Z-06 models respectively.
Mine already has ducts routing air at the brakes and that is without vented fenders. Is there going to be a marked improvement in brake cooling with the vented fenders? Besides, I am not tracking the car so I am still concerned with aesthetics to some degree.

If I do the vented fenders, I am going to do the Z06 style front bumper from one of the CF vendors and a new hood, which one, I do not know.

Good seeing you here CAM. How's the new setup working out for you?

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
Mine already has ducts routing air at the brakes and that is without vented fenders. Is there going to be a marked improvement in brake cooling with the vented fenders? Besides, I am not tracking the car so I am still concerned with aesthetics to some degree.

If I do the vented fenders, I am going to do the Z06 style front bumper from one of the CF vendors and a new hood, which one, I do not know.

Good seeing you here CAM. How's the new setup working out for you?
Hey buddy the new set up has been flawless with lots of playing..;) I couldn't tell you one way or another if the vents will be an improvement in your set up, however, the GM fit and finish is precise, don't know too much about the other vendor my friend. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would go with the GM stuff for a know fit n finished product, I'm sure the others are great, but OEM is OEM. :cheers:
Who does good paint work in the area? I am a bit particular about the work and need a true pro to do the work.

I am guessing as soon as I have a proper tire and make good traction, you will be installing the new clutch......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts