Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Z and just today i had some really wierd things going on when i started it up. First my Traction Control Light came on and was saying it needed service, then i drove down the road a little bit and my abs light came on along with the check guages light and my securitey light. i looked down at the DIC and it said something to the effect of loosing engine power or something like that. And to add to that all the guages on my instrument cluster except my speedometer, tachometer and battery guage were all at 0. Well i turned the car off and back on and now all the lights are gone and it's not showing anything wierd anymore. But now nothing on my passenger side door works power wise. i know it's not a fuse because i checked that and switched it out with a good fuse and put the passenger side fuse on the drivers side and the drivers side worked fine. It doesn't sound like the motor for either of the door locks or window are attempting to work. It sounds like it's electrical but i don't know what to look at. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
That sounds like some nasty ECM problems brewing. My 98 Z suffered a similar fate after a lot jockey charged the battery... backwards. New computer and all was well.
I hope someone has better news/advice on this. Try pulling codes and see what you get.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a similar problem with my '02 . It was making all sorts of weird noises, relays clicking etc. Turns out it was the battery going bad. Replaced it and all was well again .

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,516 Posts
Red's right. Check the battery and alternator first. Low voltage can cause all sorts of weird problems and always pull codes when you have any problems, They are a good diagnostic aid

·
Registered
6 Posts
Something else to check is water getting into your ECM. I had a 99 with similiar symptoms of the DIC throwing random codes just as you described. I also happened to have a wet floor on the passenger side. It turned out that oak leaves from parking under or near trees had collected on the air vent at the base of the windshield and ended up clogging the AC condensation drain. The water collecting from AC use filled up the drain resevoir and overflowed into the interior when I drove. This drain resevoir happens to be located directly above the ECM on the passenger side. The wet ECM was throwing codes. When I unclogged the drain and let the ECM dry out everything was fine.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Had the same problem, remember C5's are very voltage sensitive. Mine was because of a voltage drop caused by my nitrous wiring. Then it turned out my alternator wire was touching the headers causing the battery to go bad. Replacing the battery is a good precaution, how old is the battery?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Hey.Whats up/Had the exact same thing happen to me.It was not my battery.The problem with mine was that the connections were loose .They are located under the glove box and also under the door sill of the passanger door.If you do a little search on here you will find my post.i think its under window wont go up WTF?This seems to happen alot with these cars .Try to find my old post and read what people have to say .A real easy way to see if it yours connections is turn your car on to aux power open your passenger door grab your door jam(the accordiane looking plastic cover that connects between the door and the fender)and wiggle it if it causes your power to the passenger door to in and out thats your prob.Youll have check your connections try prying the metal connecter to tighten them and see if that works.IF it dosent just take off your paasenger door cover disconnect the door module until you can have it fixed .Atleast it wont throw codes while your driving.Hope this helps.Vettes Rule!!!!:partyon:

·
Registered
2 Posts
c-5

put new batter in ,let car set 3 or 4 days battery is dead, so put a nother one in and the same thing happens ??? whats up any one have the same pr?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have read a number of postings about grounding issues. I am sure someone can send you a chart of all of the points. I think there are 12/13 of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts