Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
31,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an exclusive interview with WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange reportedly told Forbes that leaked classified documents from the U.S. State Department and Pentagon are “just the beginning.”

Forbes reports that early next year, Assange claims that a major American bank will “suddenly find itself turned inside out.”

Tens of thousands of its internal documents will be exposed on Wikileaks.org with no polite requests for executives’ response or other forewarnings. The data dump will lay bare the finance firm’s secrets on the Web for every customer, every competitor, every regulator to examine and pass judgment on.

When? Which bank? What documents? Cagey as always, Assange won’t say, so his claim is impossible to verify. But he has always followed through on his threats. …

Assange calls the shots: choosing the media outlets that splash his exposés, holding them to a strict embargo, running the leaks simultaneously on his site. Past megaleaks from his information insurgency over the last year have included 76,000 secret Afghan war documents and another trove of 392,000 files from the Iraq war. Those data explosions, the largest classified military security breaches in history, have roused antiwar activists and enraged the Pentagon.Admire Assange or revile him, he is the prophet of a coming age of involuntary transparency. Having exposed military misconduct on a grand scale, he is now gunning for corporate America. Does Assange have unpublished, damaging documents on pharmaceutical companies? Yes, he says. Finance? Yes, many more than the single bank scandal we’ve been discussing. Energy? Plenty, on everything from BP to an Albanian oil firm that he says attempted to sabotage its competitors’ wells. Like informational IEDs, these damaging revelations can be detonated at will.

With the latest dump of highly classified documents, WikiLeaks is everywhere — television, newspapers and the internet. This rise in notoriety is feeding the fire, according to Assange. “Our pipeline of leaks has been increasing exponentially as our profile rises,” he says.

And with technology expanding to make the transfer of information faster and more anonymous, it looks like WikiLeaks will continue expanding this profile, leaving untold secrets exposed in their wake.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/wikileaks-next-target-wall-street/

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Did you know he works for Soros?

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Well, you don't build something like this without a lot of money behind you. So the tie-in is probably there. I would imagine he isn't too picky about who provides the $$.
Funded by OSI.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
I still applaud his efforts. I know it's not the kosher thing to say, but at some point enough is enough.
You have to be kidding me. Even if you believe the government is out of control, do you really want to trust one unelected asshat to determine what secret information gets released and what does not? There is no way he can determine the damage in every area that occurs from his actions. He could do our country grievous damage for years to come by simply being a professional troublemaker. No one person should be able to affect world politics this way - especially when once the info is released, they have no control whatsoever over the fallout.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
I heard this morning that his whereabouts is unknown.

I'm going to guess that his whereabouts may never be known - when he is found. :lookinup:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
I still applaud his efforts. I know it's not the kosher thing to say, but at some point enough is enough.
The Bank will NOT be Goldman-Sachs... It will be The Fed...
Why? Who would profit most from it's demise and the collapse of the dollar?

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Well, you don't build something like this without a lot of money behind you. So the tie-in is probably there. I would imagine he isn't too picky about who provides the $$.
Manning's most ardent supporters? Code Pink->funded by OSI->funded by Soros. Mannings lawyer, Code Pinks lawyer, OSI's lawyer->Mark Stephens

·
Registered
12,410 Posts

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Oh, I left this out of the above post...

Manning's most ardent supporters? Code Pink->funded by OSI->funded by Soros. Mannings lawyer, Code Pinks lawyer, OSI's lawyer->Mark Stephens->Assange's lawyer in Britain

·
Registered
19,914 Posts
This is far more then "enough is enough". This is espionage and destabilization of nations -by a man child looking to extend his 15 minutes... having his strings pulled by a maniacal. This is anarchy.

Clinton should not have come out and apologized (it's what it amounted to). She should have declared him an enemy of the state... and charged him with high treason. He's a terrorist.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
This is far more then "enough is enough". This is espionage and destabilization of nations -by a man child looking to extend his 15 minutes... having his strings pulled by a maniacal. This is anarchy.

Clinton should not have come out and apologized (it's what it amounted to). She should have declared him an enemy of the state... and charged him with high treason. He's a terrorist.
maybe-- but the reality of most of the leaks isn't startling at all. any of us in the game knows what really happens this is just coming out and saying it. It's like OMG some cops and preachers eat for free... it's only a shocker if your head is in the sand..

besides I wonder were the DDOS atacks are coming from? the same stuxnet builders?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/30/wikileaks/index.html?hpt=T2

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
The Wikileaks guy is an Australian on the lam from an internationa warrant for rape out of Sweden. His purpose in life is to "Crush the bastards" whoever they are. How does someone like this get so much power to affect so many lives when he has no stake in the outcome? It's insane.

"In addition to courts-martial and stiff prison sentences for any offending military personnel, the Justice Department should pursue legal action against WikiLeaks' editor-in-chief, Julian Assange -- regardless of his citizenship. A notorious Australian hacker, Assange is already the subject of an international arrest warrant issued in Sweden for rape and sexual molestation. Two decades earlier, he was charged by Australian police with hacking into the master server at Nortel, a telecommunications company, and pleaded guilty in 1991 of 25 counts of hacking. Spending a lifetime on the run, he told a Der Spiegel before publishing the Afghanistan files that he "enjoys crushing bastards."

Link: http://www.aolnews.com/opinion/article/opinion-a-wikileak-too-far/19737083

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
We all agree that releasing classified info is a crime. What about releasing information about private companies? Their only recourse is to sue him for lost revenue and damages.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
We all agree that releasing classified info is a crime. What about releasing information about private companies? Their only recourse is to sue him for lost revenue and damages.
Actually, in the end, that may be what gets him. But it's pretty hard to sue someone in hiding on foreign soil. I will not be surprised if covert ops either take him out or bring his sorry ass back to the U.S. for trial.

·
Banned
12,109 Posts
maybe-- but the reality of most of the leaks isn't startling at all. any of us in the game knows what really happens this is just coming out and saying it. It's like OMG some cops and preachers eat for free... it's only a shocker if your head is in the sand..

I have long been thinking the same thing.

Most of these revelations were pretty obvious.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts