Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright,
I hope you guys dont mind, but it's time to change the bashing threads to racing threads!! That is one of the focus of these boards right?

Since Artie's nine second discussion thread was removed, I figured I would start up another one.

So who thinks it can happen, and who thinks he doesn't have a chance? Who's faster and wants a piece of the A6??:devil:

Lets get a date for a DC rental going, and put the excuses aside. Someone has to man up and run it though, I'm a little busy myself. :laughing:

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Alright,
I hope you guys dont mind, but it's time to change the bashing threads to racing threads!! That is one of the focus of these boards right?

Since Artie's nine second discussion thread was removed, I figured I would start up another one.

So who thinks it can happen, and who thinks he doesn't have a chance? Who's faster and wants a piece of the A6??:devil:

Lets get a date for a DC rental going, and put the excuses aside. Someone has to man up and run it though, I'm a little busy myself. :laughing:

:cheers:
Ok I say yes but I also think I have a good chance to have Artie look behind the ZLS3 all the way down the 1/4mile. LOL

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Will Artie's car go nines??
So who thinks it can happen, and who thinks he doesn't have a chance?
While it won't be easy (exactly as the car sits right now) I do believe that it can happen. Based on all of the elements/factors you'd mentioned before (ie: restrictor plate removal, a little more track tuning etc.) it's certainly not impossible as long as Artie is dedicated enough to it (ie: goes to a few track rentals on the right days, making multiple passes some of which could really tax that 6L80 trans etc.).

And if there are any further changes/deviations from where the car is right now then I would even go as far as to say that a 9.9x is quite likely come October/November. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
If Artie has a 3600 stall he should run 9's, he doesn't need gears, the 2.56's are just fine.

Stall is a must though, without a decent sized stall I don't think it will happen.

Good Luck Artie!!! Make sure to get video!!

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
As long as Artie don't try to line up with me in his DD on the belt, he will be fine.:lookinup:

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
no stall? gears?
No, both are still stock.
And Artie they are the 2.56s and not the optional 2.73s, correct?

If Artie has a 3600 stall he should run 9's, he doesn't need gears, the 2.56's are just fine.

Stall is a must though, without a decent sized stall I don't think it will happen.
That's exactly what I'd originally thought as well but he was still leaving a lot on the table when he ran that 10.6/10.7s in the heat. He left at idle (maybe a little stalling it up might help?), air restrictor plate in place and maybe a little more track/shift point tuning still to come? All of that combined with some cold air/high barometer and some Atco track rental prep could possibly help Artie find that .65. :D
It's already got high 9 second trap speed (135mph).

As long as Artie don't try to line up with me in his DD on the belt, he will be fine.:lookinup:
That could be an interesting race actually, he's got a clear power/trap speed advantage of course but you have a manual...a roll race between you two could go either way. :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
That could be an interesting race actually, he's got a clear power/trap speed advantage of course but you have a manual...a roll race between you two could go either way. :)
It never happened as soon as it started it ended as I was stopped by the NYPD Highway Patrol.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
lets do a track day at rockingham!

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
If Shawn's ECS Novi C5 LS1 could go 9's, I'm banking with a great DA Artie does it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
It's already got high 9 second trap speed (135mph)
Based on running the 10.00 index class and staying under 135mph to satisfy NHRA (which is very hard to do) I think it would take 137+ for an IRS Vette to get in the nines.

I'm sure Doug & Artie can do it, never thought I'd see a stock LS1/ECS kit go 9.8 either.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
If Shawn's ECS Novi C5 LS1 could go 9's, I'm banking with a great DA Artie does it.:thumbsup:
Damn you Treed me .

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
lets do a track day at rockingham!
We are having a track day on Nov. 5 at MIR (Maryland International Raceway) located just above Virgina.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
hmmm....that track day or Vettes n Vets at the NCM....tough decision

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
That's an interesting point. While Shawn's car does have a blower cam (and a little more boost?) I would say that a stock long block LS3 is as much (or more) basic motor as a baby cammed (but otherwise stock internals) LS1, making your point well taken. :)
Shawn has skinnies and shorter rear tires as well (somewhat offset by a roll bar of course) but that's sort of splitting hairs at this point as both cars probably still weigh roughly the same.
But I will argue that Shawn's built A4 with converter and gears (as streetworthy and unaggressive as they may be) still provide a big advantage over Artie's stock convertered/2.56 geared A6.
As we all know, a strong sixty foot is key to low ETs. :)
But yes, if Shawn could bust out a low 9.8 then a 9.9999 is certainly not outside the realm of possibility for Vetter 1. :devil:

1 - 20 of 363 Posts