Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 84 is origional right doen to the exh that was on it when it came from the factory. I plan on new paint over the winter and was wondering if it would affect the value if I change the color. It is gray met. now and I would like something different.
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Painting a Vette kills resale.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
That's hard to say.

If the original paint is crappy, then new paint could get you more $$$ at resale.

But, if you paint it an obnoxious trendy color, you are going to lose your shirt.

Be aware that a full color change is VERY expensive, as you need to remove the interior to do it right.

What color were you thinking?

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
If it's not a special or collectors edition, I think it would be a negligible difference at sale time.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I would try to stay with a color from the same year as your car
But if you plan on keeping it paint it what ever color you want... It's your car, enjoy it!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Patrick96LT4 said:
That's hard to say.

If the original paint is crappy, then new paint could get you more $$$ at resale.

But, if you paint it an obnoxious trendy color, you are going to lose your shirt.

Be aware that a full color change is VERY expensive, as you need to remove the interior to do it right.

What color were you thinking?
I was thinking red black Or burgandy. Also going with new carpet and seat covers:excited: :excited: :excited:

·
Registered
965 Posts
that sounds cool i was thinking about painting my brown 85' another color. who is doing your painting ? and is it possible to get a good paintjob for a couple grand ?

·
Registered
382 Posts
My 72 was originally Pewter Silver. It was repainted sage metallic (green that looks silver or grey at times). It hurt it's resale. But that was a C-3 also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts