Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My son got nailed in Lombard IL again. By the same "officer" at the same location, same reason. This time he was in his 00 Coupe not his GTP. They hit him with laser and got no front plate, when the "officer" came to the car and asked if he knew why he was stopped, my genius DNA offers the answer "tinted windows".

:nuts: Oh yeah, that too, and no front plate. He lectured him on the town's no tolerance of tints and issued an equipment ticket. Gave him a warning ticket on the no plate.

Highland and Butterfield sitting on top of bridge east and or west bound shooting Butterfield road.

This guy must be funding his pension at that location!!

I'm gonna mount a plate under a clear but painted plate cover and see if that stops the bs.

$225 in fines since Jan 1st! He really doesn't take after me. I'd have the tints off in a heartbeat.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
My lawyer told me to never say a thing. Nothing whatsover.

And, when I'm in cuffs I should call him right away. :cool:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,415 Posts
BubbleHead said:
:laughing: I always say "no, I don't know why you pulled me over officer." :laughing:

Exactly. Admit nothing, deny everything

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Gawd.....Let me tell you about this asshole PHD that is an officer in my company.:surprised

He buys his teen son a 95 Mustang. He says to me, "damn Rudy, I don't know if I should have done that. It's a very powerful car".:surprised

Powerful??? I say, I had 11 Mustangs, they're ok, but geesh, they don't rank too far up the powerful scale.

So a few weeks ago his kid dumps the Mustang into a ditch when mishandling it at a turn in the rain. My PHD says it's the Mustangs fault because it's rear wheel drive. His son was very careful.. :rolleyes: :spanked: (Yeah right.)

Two days ago, the kid rolls the car in a dry road situation. So this time I ask if it was the cars fault again.....afterall it's sooooooooooooo powerful. I say, "wake up dude". He insists again that it's because of rear wheel drive. IDIOT.:spanked: :spanked:

·
Banned
291 Posts
Its not the cars fault, but I have noticed a big difference between front wheel and rear wheel drive.

I have to be super careful in the rain, other wise the back end will try and visit the front end. With front wheel, i could spin my tires all day (if the road was wet) and maybe slide a foot or two sideways.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Tell the PHD to buy his son one of them rice cars with the big wing on the back.

Tell him the wing helps the car stick to the road :laughing:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Bender said:
Tell the PHD to buy his son one of them rice cars with the big wing on the back.

Tell him the wing helps the car stick to the road :laughing:
That would be logical to PHD!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Stilcrazy I went through the same things with my son. He figured it out after the money came out of HIS pocket a few times. Its a male thing I think.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cruzr said:
That would be logical to PHD!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Stilcrazy I went through the same things with my son. He figured it out after the money came out of HIS pocket a few times. Its a male thing I think.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I don't have to tell him that, he knows he pays! He got 2 equipmient tiks a little over a year ago in the GTP. That's 5 in the last 2 years! They are only $75.00 a pop!

He's 22, he paid off the GTP and then bought the Vette and is making payments. He pays all insurance and gas. (and tickets)

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
That must get a little expensive...:(

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
biltogo said:
Gawd.....Let me tell you about this asshole PHD that is an officer in my company.:surprised

He buys his teen son a 95 Mustang. He says to me, "damn Rudy, I don't know if I should have done that. It's a very powerful car".:surprised

Powerful??? I say, I had 11 Mustangs, they're ok, but geesh, they don't rank too far up the powerful scale.

So a few weeks ago his kid dumps the Mustang into a ditch when mishandling it at a turn in the rain. My PHD says it's the Mustangs fault because it's rear wheel drive. His son was very careful.. :rolleyes: :spanked: (Yeah right.)

Two days ago, the kid rolls the car in a dry road situation. So this time I ask if it was the cars fault again.....afterall it's sooooooooooooo powerful. I say, "wake up dude". He insists again that it's because of rear wheel drive. IDIOT.:spanked: :spanked:
:laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
382 Posts
I got a ticket in Feb. when I was pulling a boat I got off e-bay driving down I-55 around Joliet. 65 mph but Trailering is a 55 mph limit. This I knew but, I was running with traffic, I had pulled over to the left lane to let this old Caprice get on. Little did I know it was a State trooper's car. The boat had no plate on the trailer. This is what caught his eye in the first place. He gave me a warning for the no plate and no registartions, but I couldn't get out of the 65 mph part even after I told him the above. I thought about fighting it in court, but the drive back to Joliet and I was working 2 other jobs so I just paid it. First ticket in 16 or so years.

·
Registered
48 Posts
They finally learn - but on their own terms. As a parent you are generally "wrong" through their teens & they have to show you how it is done. :buhbye:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts