Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1 mth old 50th Anniv coupe is wanting LT headers (thinking FLP's???), intake (thinking Vararam, but I may just get a modified air-box & cold air screens???) and a 180 tstat (concerned that 160 may be too low???)... anyone know if these mods will void my GM warranty? Also, if anyone has had a bad experience with these mods, I'd like to hear about it. Thanks!

B

·
0 Posts
The only time your warranty can and will be voided by the dealership is if they can prove that the modification you did to the car caused the problem or malfunction. Then depending on the dealer service guy they can terminate your warranty for good.

99.9999997% of the time, plain bolt on mods such as exhaust and intake stuff will not cause the vehicle to have any problems. If it does, they are usually easy enough to take off before you stroll into the dealer service bay and lie your ass off about not modding the car. :)

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
I agree with BIG LAW MAN. Most bolt-on mods don't void the warranty. The only ones that I've heard of is the one where water gets sucked into the engine by using a ram-air filter.

:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts