Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is just some fun speculation that is really insignificant, so if you are salivating for HOT NEWS, this is not it.

GM uses naturally shed and collected female Ostrich Feathers ( softer and last longer than male) immediately prior to painting the Volt and other vehicles, to remove any small particles (static electricity attracted?) from the surface. The plants that use the feathers to remove microscopic bits of dust, seem to be metal body vehicles. Obviously, most vehicles are metal, so no conclusion about Bowling Green can be made...except we know that GM has repeatedly stated that the $750M in improvements included significant paint process improvements.

It works like a waterless car wash. 6 drums with ostrich feathers wrapped around them surround the car and spin over the complete surface of the body to capture fine dust particles immediately prior to the final paint application. As the drums turn, a high-powered vacuum simultaneously sucks the particles away.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,440 Posts
Sounds kind of kinky:laughing:

·
Super Moderator
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. They say our observations are greatly influenced by our own character. So Torch...Kinky eh? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Anti Static - reminds me of the old Discwasher vinyl record cleaner system with the Anti - Static gun. And now I've dated myself :cheers:

Reactions: stinger430

·
Super Moderator
10,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still use one on my Dual 1219 turntable when I occasionally play some vinyl. Using the liquid with the tracking "brush" reduces needle popping and cracking.

BTW, the "dating" is not an issue because vinyl has been rediscovered and is "THE" elite way to listen to music.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,440 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts