Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Will some idiot make C5 to C6 body conversion body kits ? ?

• Yes , some moron WILL make them.......

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • No , the idiot that did the C4to C5 deal learned his lesson...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If some idiot does make them , you'll volunteer for the idiots firing squad!

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • No.....I hope not !

Votes: 4 15.4%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those god-awful body panels to make a C5 look like a C6 ?
I just saw a C4 to C5 body conversion......can you say butt-ugly :lookinup: :surprised

Let's hope not....

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
:down:

Why bother? The C4/5/6 are cool in their own right. Why take off the existing bodywork and put on new bodywork? Any car person/guy/girl/whatever (hey I am politically correct :D) would, in my opinion, prefer the real deal. I HOPE.

And anybody who knows Corvettes will be able to look at the inside of this C5 masquerading as a C6 and tell it isn't a C6. So he changes out the interior, too. So then ya pop the hood and lo an behold LS1 where there is supposed to be a LS2! So he changes that out, too:huh:. Of course, assuming the last two things were possible.

After all that, he should have just bought a C6. And kept the C5, which I might add, IS STILL A GREAT LOOKING CAR.

The only people impressed by something like that would be non-car people, i.e. people who think cars are nothing more than appliances and are easily impressed because they don't know any better - - OR - - don't care enough to know any better.

MIKEETC

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I just replied to the same thread in the lounge.

·
Registered
965 Posts
MIKEETC said:
:down:

Why bother? The C4/5/6 are cool in their own right. Why take off the existing bodywork and put on new bodywork? Any car person/guy/girl/whatever (hey I am politically correct :D) would, in my opinion, prefer the real deal. I HOPE.
I have to agree with him about that but I will also say the person that is going to make those kits is probably not an idiot because their will be plenty of people to buy his kits just like people bought kits for their c4 . . . just my .2 :)

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
I must admit that I bought my 84 with the intention of putting on a C5 kit. But after buying it and adding up the upgrades, I might as well put my money together and bought a real C5. I just had a dream of working on a car. Then I woke up. My wife calls it my lame brain idea.:spanked:

·
Registered
122 Posts
There is a Red C4 here in Maryland where the guy changed the back end to the C5 back end. First time i saw it i knew it wasn't a true c5.

·
Banned
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KingJoeJoe said:
I have to agree with him about that but I will also say the person that is going to make those kits is probably not an idiot because their will be plenty of people to buy his kits just like people bought kits for their c4 . . . just my .2 :)
HOW CAN YOU MAKE MONEY ON ONLY 2 KITS...................:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
I would guess yes.I hope someone make pop-ups for the C6 before the high performance C6 comes out.I'm not a fan of those conversions.I absolutly love the wide body kits and the C5 chop-top though.I wish it came in a hard top.I'm pretty sure i will do this one day,even if i have to make it a vert.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree that the C4 to C5 conversion was a really bad idea and I would never want to do that. The C4 was not anywhere near the C5, that's why it looked so mickey mouse.

The C5/C6 is much closer so I can see someone making a front and rear bumper look alike. Not so much trying an exact duplicate, but very close.

Someone will make it and I'll judge then.

Chuck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts