Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will they ever make a mid-engine Corvette? Or will ever make a 4 cam motor
for this mid-engine model? If this come true what year? Remember Lexus and Honda is coming.

·
Banned
35 Posts
Doubtfully. Its just un-corvette. The one thing i would like to see in the next corvette design wise is for it to be lower. The c6 is almost too tall for me. Its almost 50 inches high. I would like to see the c7 be around 45 inches.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Doubtfully. Its just un-corvette. The one thing i would like to see in the next corvette design wise is for it to be lower. The c6 is almost too tall for me. Its almost 50 inches high. I would like to see the c7 be around 45 inches.

How tall is the typical Lambo, or Ferrari ? I've driven an NSX, and it felt lower than a C5.

·
DC Crew
2,503 Posts
for this mid-engine model? If this come true what year? Remember Lexus and Honda is coming.
I doubt a mid-engine model will be in the future, its just not Corvette, plus the New Acura/ Honda NSX is rumored to be a Front engine also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Like others have stated here, I really doubt it too.

Although the closest thing to a "mid-engine corvette" per se, today, is the Mosler MT900, originally based off the C5...

http://www.moslerauto.com

·
Registered
31 Posts
I doubt a mid-engine model will be in the future, its just not Corvette, plus the New Acura/ Honda NSX is rumored to be a Front engine also.
The savior of the Corvette, Zora Duntov, continuously lobbied GM brass for a mid-engined Vette. Surely he knew what was and what was not Corvette!!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Who??? :huh:

just kidding! yeah i would say he knew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts