Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is one thing i would like to know, if they will ever make a mid-engine Vette? The reason i ask is few weeks ago all the talk was C7 mid-engine now they are saying no mid-engine.I am starting to think that we Corvette owner donot want to be in the league of the German and Italian supercar builders.So what do we wait on the Japanese to make us look bad once more.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
No. Mid engine (mid meaning behind the seats) will indeed put the Corvette into the league of euro and japanese supercars. Underperforming and overpriced compared to the MOST BANG FOR THE BUCK CORVETTE!!! It would probably push the price from $45k to $75k minimum. Long live the FR 50/50 Corvette!

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
If I wanted to be in the league of the German, Italian and Japanese I would buy one of there cars. But being a penny pinching American I will drive my Vette and beat them all.

·
Formerly DOC7000
4,513 Posts
Why is this always peoples point of view???

Why is it that most of the mid engine Vette backers almost never research the subject before hand in order to find out if their arguments are atleast valid?

Why is it that so many assumptions are made about the placement of the engine????

Do you know that for the first time the Corvette (a private one at that) has won the 24 hours of Spa and beat a mid engine car the Maserati MC12????

There is a lack of evidence that supports the views of many rear mid engine vette supporters but they seem to look at what others are doing or repeat things that they heard other say time and time again.

From what Ive seen there is NO actually performance gain from moving the Corvette's engine from a front mid ship to a rear mid ship layout. There is a possible performance gain from making the Corvette rear heavy (you can do that while keeping the engine up front).

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I doubt we will see a rear mid-engine Vette anytime soon. It should be noted that the latest from Ferrari is a front mid-engine design similar to the Z06.

:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts