Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I used the duplicolor silver. Cleaned it ub with a brillo pad, then sprayed in place. Aluminum foil is good masking material for detailing. I think you have too much rust/corrosion for a clear type stuff. I also painted the master cylinder with Eastwood high temp gary. Clean it with brake cleaner, then brush it on right over the rust. Bullet proof.

(Course it would be easier with the engine out):D

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
Is your booster chrome? Buy reading that description it is for painting over chrome. If it's normal metal I prefer rustoleium.

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
Too bad we can't get that stuff here, I know a guy that used it on an airbox he built, if he hadn't told me it was that stuff I'd have thought it was anodized for real.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is your booster chrome? Buy reading that description it is for painting over chrome. If it's normal metal I prefer rustoleium.
OOPPSS did not catch the part about working on chrome only. so i will forget about that plan :laughing: I will remove it from the car and clean it with my bead blast cabinet first and see what it looks like after that,if it does not clean up very good just may replace it.

TT can't you just order some and have it shipped to you?

Kevin

·
Banned
1,873 Posts
haz mat, they just won't do it. Maybe by boat but USPS doesn't do the economy/boat route anymore.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
OOPPSS did not catch the part about working on chrome only. so i will forget about that plan :laughing: I will remove it from the car and clean it with my bead blast cabinet first and see what it looks like after that,if it does not clean up very good just may replace it.

TT can't you just order some and have it shipped to you?

Kevin
Works on Chrome only? Maybe I read something wrong, but it looks like it works on all metal and even non-metal if you use their base coat.

That stuff looks really cool.

Bird, you're booster turned out really nice.

I wonder if that stuff could hold up on a brake caliper?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
haz mat, they just won't do it. Maybe by boat but USPS doesn't do the economy/boat route anymore.
Aerosol cans cannot be shipped air - that's what most if not all catalogs say, ground only....
I'm really gettin a good laugh out of this when I think about how many aerosol cans are on a passemger plane (deodorant, hairspray, and so on) ... :laughing:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Works on Chrome only? Maybe I read something wrong, but it looks like it works on all metal and even non-metal if you use their base coat.

That stuff looks really cool.

Bird, you're booster turned out really nice.

I wonder if that stuff could hold up on a brake caliper?
The Eastwood stuff defenitely would. You can brush it right over rust, and it sticks like no tomarrow. Good stuff.

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
I like a booster that.....

works.....

Hydroboost....

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went to the paint store and purchased that anodized paint,plus a base coat that you apply first to non chrome parts,will give it a try and see what happens.

So yes it can be applied to non chrome parts you have to use their base coat first,so the instructions say anyway :laughing:

Kevin

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought the base coat was an adhesion promoter for chrome?
You are right :thumbsup: there is an adhesion promoter and another base coat for non chrome parts called Metallic Ground Coat. give me another 30 mins or sooo and i will post some pics,almost done with painting.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here it is all done,didn't turn out to bad probably on a new booster with a smoother surface would have turned out better,but i'm impressed :thumbsup:
The first two pics are the Ground Coat,and then 3 coats of the an paint.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
:excited: :excited: :hump:

You painted it PURPLE ! ! !

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:excited: :excited: :hump:

You painted it PURPLE ! ! !
Yip :D thats what you said so it would match the air breather filter so that's what i did, don't you like it now :lookinup: you better i followed your advice. I think it will look even better after it cures overnight and i clear coat it.
But you know what that silver ground coat don't look bad either.

Kevin

Did you check out my pics of my drive way in my other thread Tah Dah.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I did see your new striped driveway.. Looking good.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And run'n good too,no more problems so far probably need to think about putting the vac gauge on the carb and adjust it,and put the timming light on it and set it. when you gonna be back anyway hit you up for some time to look over the tune with me :D

Kevin

1 - 20 of 25 Posts