Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will TT II's fit on my 81? UPDATE! Hell Yeah, They Will!!

Just to update everyone, Yes TT II's will fit on my 81! I had them put on thru my local tire and wheel guy. C405's with 4" of backspace. The centers are chrome and the barrels are a very high polish. I think they look great! What do you guys thinks?
Before

AFTER

Hi guys,
My first post and first question. I have an 81 coupe that I'm wanting to put 15 x 8 TT II's on. I talked to [email protected] Radical Wheels and he thinks they will fit, but suggested I post here to see what everyone else has tried. I want to stay with the 15 x 8 for the old school look, but was told by a local tire /wheel dealer that they may not clear the front caliper. I have the stock suspension and brakes with delco moraine calipers. The local dealer isn't really wanting to have a set shipped in without being sure they will fit. So, I guess my question is, "Is anyone running 15 x 8 TT II's on their C3 without using spacers or having caliper clearance issues?"

Thanks, Zane

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
huk_finn said:
http://www.americanracing.com/appguide/final.asp?section=app&carID=155&picture=405&desc=&detail=405586142&year=1981&make=CHEVROLET&model=CORVETTE&comments=Check+Fit,+Watch+Caliper

dont know if above link will work,,,, got it off the manufactors web site for your model year. If it dont work, go to application guide at americanracing.com
Something isn't right with this? According to this link, the application guide says for my 81 that its a 4.25" backspace with a -5.08mm offset.
According to Craig, it should be a 4" BS with an -11mm offset.
According to my manual, the stock wheel is a 4"BS with a -12.7mm offset, which is close to what Craig is telling me.
I think I just need to have one shipped in and test fit it myself. This has turned into a real PITA!
All I want are some nice wheels:bang

Thanks for all the help so far guys! Later, Zane

·
Registered
436 Posts
L81Vette said:
Something isn't right with this? According to this link, the application guide says for my 81 that its a 4.25" backspace with a -5.08mm offset.
According to Craig, it should be a 4" BS with an -11mm offset.
Later, Zane
This might have something to do with the 15 inch size rim????? I'm getting the same thing when punching up sizes for my year (73),,, I'm getting craigs measurements for a 16 inch rim, then the same as you for a 15 .
Maybe a phone call to the company would clear things up

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wheel Update! Whatta ya think?

:thumbsup:
L81Vette said:
Just to update everyone, Yes TT II's will fit on my 81! I had them put on thru my local tire and wheel guy. C405's with 4" of backspace. The centers are chrome and the barrels are a very high polish. I think they look great! What do you guys thinks?
Before

AFTER

Hi guys,
My first post and first question. I have an 81 coupe that I'm wanting to put 15 x 8 TT II's on. I talked to [email protected] Radical Wheels and he thinks they will fit, but suggested I post here to see what everyone else has tried. I want to stay with the 15 x 8 for the old school look, but was told by a local tire /wheel dealer that they may not clear the front caliper. I have the stock suspension and brakes with delco moraine calipers. The local dealer isn't really wanting to have a set shipped in without being sure they will fit. So, I guess my question is, "Is anyone running 15 x 8 TT II's on their C3 without using spacers or having caliper clearance issues?"

Thanks, Zane

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FReaKyJeRoeN said:
Looks great indeed! Am I allowed to suggest lowering that bad boy? :D
Yeah, That's my next project. I need to lower the rear a couple of inches. I just have to find someone the has the longer spring bolts!

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
L81Vette said:
Yeah, That's my next project. I need to lower the rear a couple of inches. I just have to find someone the has the longer spring bolts!
Prices will vary slightly, but buy from the company that helps you the most... you never know when you'll need their support after the sale.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts