Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everybody? I have an 06' Vette and was looking into putting some original 06' Z06 rims on it the 12 inchers and 10.5's up front? will they fit without any spacers or cutting? just straight replacement? and does anyone know of a place that sells aftermarket seats for the C6 yet? the 50th anniversary type with the colored stripe and the vette stitching on it and the headrest?

·
Registered
30 Posts
First off it is a 9.5 up front, and second yes they will fit as long as you don't mind the front sticking out an inch and the rear and inch and a half. ZO6 fenders are the only way to do it right.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Fronts fit.....but.....you can get the same wheel with a slightly different offset and they won't stick out. For the rear you will definetly need the Zo6 fenders. I'm doing the conversion now. Wheels are on.....I'm just waiting on the balance of body parts. Call Craig at Radical Wheels....forum sponsor

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BAADC6 said:
Fronts fit.....but.....you can get the same wheel with a slightly different offset and they won't stick out. For the rear you will definetly need the Zo6 fenders. I'm doing the conversion now. Wheels are on.....I'm just waiting on the balance of body parts. Call Craig at Radical Wheels....forum sponsor

Post some pics once you get it done, I would like to see how it looks...... and how much it costs.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Getting all GM parts from Fred Beans.....cost about $850.00. Rims from Craig at radical....cost about $1200.00. Michellin Pilot Sport Tires.....345-19 on back and 285-18 on front?(Have to go verify front size). Cost for tires mounted and balanced was $1720.00 +/-. I figure by the time its done....not including paint it will be around 4K. Sdowney :thumbsup: and djcarver :thumbsup: have done the same thing and have pics posted. They gave me most of my preliminary info.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ChiMan said:
Like everyone has said, the offsets of the regular C6 (+79) and the narrow rear fenders leaves you only a few options. The 19x12 woud stick out as well as the 18x9.5.

Here is a customer that has done what you are asking. I am sure he'll be willing to chime in on cost, etc...

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52939&highlight=19x12
So..... what's up ol' craig ol buddy old pal?????? lol. Was just wondering If I could get a coupon code for the rims I'm looking at getting, the C5/C6 machined wheel and tire combo with pirelli tires, by the way what are the ratings on the pirellis zeros and the michellin ps2's? and do you give military discounts, or at least cut a contractor working in iraq a break? LOL:thumbsup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What about the sensors?

P.S. Since the package inclued mounting balancing and all that how am I supposed to get the sensors in??? I don't mind not having them but isn't that gonna trip something in the computer thinking the tires fell off or you got a flat?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BAADC6 said:
Getting all GM parts from Fred Beans.....cost about $850.00. Rims from Craig at radical....cost about $1200.00. Michellin Pilot Sport Tires.....345-19 on back and 285-18 on front?(Have to go verify front size). Cost for tires mounted and balanced was $1720.00 +/-. I figure by the time its done....not including paint it will be around 4K. Sdowney :thumbsup: and djcarver :thumbsup: have done the same thing and have pics posted. They gave me most of my preliminary info.
Ok. let me get this straight.... both fenders only cost you 850? the Z06 fenders? they have the brake scoops too or just flared out? cause I seen some without the scoops

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Actually the fenders were only $275.00 each....the other $ is for inner fender wells, vents, pins and misc???? I,m still working on the rest of the parts. Gene at Fred Beans told me the "kit" would be about 850 for all the parts. Yes they are OEM Z06 fenders with brake vents. Sdowney posted a list of parts on the forum......I printed it, but can't find it:bang Send me a Pm and I could even give you a call with the info I have.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I'll try to post pics this weekend with rims and tires on and of the fenders even though the fenders are not on yet.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
hey been away for a while installing headers and other such things....well you will need the fenders, inner brake ducts, outer brake ducts, wheel well linners and mud gaurds. you can just reuse the pins from you car or you can get new ones but they are reusable it you do not tear them up. you have to pop up the center then pry out the pin. all in all it cost about 850 as stated above plus paint. i am running wheel spacers at the moment with my stock rims but have wheels on the way.............waiting ccw!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts