Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have the complete Wilwood big brake kit. Over 15K miles and they look like new. No rust whatsoever. I would sugggest you consider the two piece for the rear as well. Good Luck:thumbsup:

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,388 Posts
I have no personal experience with the Willwoods so I certainly can't say not to go with those, but I've got the Baer eradispeeds on my Z, 2pc frt and 1 pc rear, did them along with the new wheels/tires. I'd buy Baer again for sure. But I agree with the above, go for two pc rears as well, I'm going to upgrade the rears to 2pc myself:thumbsup:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Keep in mind, if you go with a big brake kit Like Wilwood, Baer or AP Racing you will not be able to fit rims with a deep lip as there will be clearance problems. Just something to consider.

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,388 Posts
Thanks sheriffd2 and mattvette for the info.
But why should i go with the 2 pc rotors in the back? any reson for that :huh:

Even if you go with larger rotors in the back the break caliper is still small !!

I am planning to run them on my stock Calipers :lookinup:
even though the caliper size does not increase, the design of the two piece rotor allows better cooling and less weight, and if you go for a larger rotor size (say a +1), the increase in surface area allows for even better cooling. Also, looks-wise would compliment the aesthetic of the fronts:thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you take a look at the rear 2pc rotors, the break pads are not covering the hall rotor !

and i just figured out that even in 1pc rotor its the same thing if you take a close look at you rear rotor, or is that just normal :lookinup:

2pc rotors will look nice if you are running 19" or 20" rear wheels :thumbsup:

Thanks sheriffd2 for the information :thumbsup:

·
Registered
655 Posts
The rear two piece rotor is lighter, so less unsprung weight. If your just going for looks and not improved stopping power then go with the stock size aftermarket rotors with your calipers. This way you will get the looks and not impact deep lip rims if you do that in the future. A full big brake kit will impact the off set of rims and reduce the size of the lip you can run.
If you want improved stopping power you need the full kit with larger calipers and rotors. If your not racing, perhaps that would be overkill but it does look very good!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rear two piece rotor is lighter, so less unsprung weight. If your just going for looks and not improved stopping power then go with the stock size aftermarket rotors with your calipers. This way you will get the looks and not impact deep lip rims if you do that in the future. A full big brake kit will impact the off set of rims and reduce the size of the lip you can run.
If you want improved stopping power you need the full kit with larger calipers and rotors. If your not racing, perhaps that would be overkill but it does look very good!:thumbsup:

Thanks Matt i think its worth it to go with the 2pc rear rotors :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts